Power Amps for Monitor Audio GX System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site

Hi,

Looking for some inspiration 1. I am about to upgrade my
speakers to Monitor Audio GX300/GXC350/GXFX/GXW15. I will be using a Pioneer
SC-LX85 to drive a 9.2 set up to include some in-ceiling/in-wall speakers also.
I am planning to bi-amp the front soundstage and as such need another 3
channels of additional amplification. Question is what would be a suitable
compromise of quality/performance/cost on a budget of around £1000. I have my
eye on a good second hand Linn AV5125 or a new Marantz MM7055, both of which
would give me some expandability also. Monos would be great but cost may be too
much. Any views gratefully accepted !!!

A

Anonymous

Cheers for that.

smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi
I can totaly vouch for Arcam with the Monitor Audio's , Awesome sound with all music and movies, best thing I have ever done is to get my Arcam amp :)

From bamz

A

Anonymous

Cheers for that Banz. Can you tell me how you have your system set up between your SCLX83 and your power amps ?. I am already using all 9.2 Ch on my LX85 so am trying to find the best solution for bi-amping the front 3 speakers, thought I could just use the Pioneer to driive the LF end and the pre outs into a multi channel power amp and drive the HF on all three ??

cheyworth

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Use the LX85 to power the surround channels (4 surround & 2 height), then the pre outs to the Arcam for Left, Center, Right.

I would do this... Left pre-out to Arcam channel 1 & 2 (in to channel 1 then out to channel 2 in), Center pre-out to channel 3 & 4, and Right pre-out to channel 6 & 7.

A

Anonymous

Hi willcoxi
I'm using the LX83 as the proccessor for the time being and the Arcam powers everything , all speakers are connected to the Arcam amp, whilst all the sources are connected to the LX83 ,then the Arcam and LX83 are connected up useing RCA leads from the pre outs of the pioneer into the pre ins on the Arcam amp ,a single RCA for every speaker .

I was going to also bi amp my front 2 speakers as the Arcam is 7 channel and have to channels spear , asked my dealer about it and he said they would be definite improvement from it ,but while Watching films it could make the center speaker sound a bit weaker , don't know if its true but in the end I opted not to bi amp my front PL 200 s

From bamz

A

Anonymous

Thx again banz. Short listed to the Arcam or Nad to run the front 3 bi amped. Fingers crossed !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts