Question Yamaha NS1000 vs NS590

Alice in Layne

Apr 8, 2024
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm currently torn between two speaker options: Yamaha NS1000 and NS590. I'm particularly interested in the NS590 but I'm uncertain about their price range. The NS590s are an easier option (I have some components of the NS1000, so in that case I'll have to get the missing components and restore them). I've come across a listing for NS590s at $500, but I'm not entirely sure if that's accurate. I plan to use them for a vintage setup, mainly for listening and recording purposes. Any insights on which one I should go for? Some suggest that the NS590s might offer better sound quality, but I'm not entirely sure about the validity of those claims. Thanks!

Last edited:

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
ROFL.
Seems like you are prepared to spend a lot of money on something that you have not researched much. I've never heard either, but perhaps you have, as you own spare parts.
NS1000's in (seemingly) great condition sell for big bucks on ebay, most come from Japan.
The 1000's should be superior to the 590's as they were a higher model in Yamaha's catalog. But when dealing with 45 year old speakers you get what you get.
A pair of 1000's with matching numbers recently sold on ebay for $2,500. I don't see any 590's currently listed.

TRENDING THREADS