Possible New Cinema setup- Yamaha AX763 with Arena lites (TS10 Sub)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Guy's looking for some advice on this set up.

Firstly is the Yamaha the best amp at the £400 price point to run these speakers?? i have looked at the Sony 820 (available for £230 )but thought it would be a bit light. I will be connecting up to a Toshiba HD-35ep and eventually a new blu ray player possibly Sony S550 or the new pana dm60, also considered theOnkyo 507. i can pick the Yamaha up for around £350.

Secondly i know Richer sounds are doing deals on the standard Tannoy Arena package from £399 however that comes with the TS300 sub and what i can find comment/ review wise the TS500 and TS10 are both better amps. The big point being though that RS does not supply the grills or wall brackets for the speakers and this does add somewhat to the price as they are necissary for my set-up.

I can get the Arena lites complete with the brackets and grills for £699 from creative and using the TS10 sub. This seems like a good deal but was just looking for clarification if there is much between the lites and the standard arena's.

All comments will be greatfully recieved as this wil be my first Home cinema set up.

Many Thanks

Rob.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you can find the Yamaha or the Sony 2400ES, I think they're currently the best amps out there for that price (barring any cut price bargains on older amps). However, new models from everyone are just round the corner so this could change in the next few months. Personally I wouldn't let that hold you off unless you can't source one of the above - since they seem to be like gold dust at the moment, this could be a problem.

Can't comment on the speakers as not familiar with those Tannoys, but for £700, I'd definitely audition those and the KEF 2005.3 speakers before buying.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

The TS300 should be a fair bit better than the TS10. The main difference between the Arena and Lites is the sub, and the TS300 is from the Arena Highline 300 set. It won't be as good as the TS500 which is from the Arena Highline 500.

I've heard the Arena and for me it beat the B&W MT-30, KEF 3005SE and 5005. In review the Arena is well regarded and got 5 stars in WHF with stands, (which took it's price to above £1650 back then), alongside the MT-30 at £1500+. In terms of performance, you're better with the Arena.

Not so sure on the specifics of the amps you mention, but if you can I'd go for something in a higher price category, if you can, as from my experience of demoing, the speakers will benefit from it a lot. You might get an older model that's discounted into your price range if you look around.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts