Possessed Samsung PS50B850 switches itself on and off at random

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This frightened the life out of me the first time it happened in the middle of the night and woke me up! I have had other kit do this in the past so I thought it was just the poltergeist in my bedroom larking about again. Seriously. But I have also had it do it during the day, and think it may be linked to my HDMI sound drop-out problems i have talked about in other threads. I have noticed that when I get the sound dropout through my lx81 when playing a bluray through the PS3, I can hear a relay-type sound on my TV when the sound comes back on again. I wondered if it could be caused my mains glitches but it also happens when i connect through a mains conditioner. I have had my lx81 taken away for two months(yes, really) and the front display replaced because it was flickering but they did not find any problem with the hdmi side of things, but I am still getting these sound drop outs with my BT Vision box, and my PS3. The guy from Sevenoaks seems to think it is a compatibility problem. I'm still not convinced that it's not the LX81's fault, as even with the front panel display dimmed, i can still see the HDMI box on the left glowing on and off very feintly. It's now just out of warranty because they had the damn thing so long, but really I think I should be looking at a replacement. Isn't there a law that states if your item can not be fixed in a 'reasonable period', usually construed to be 28 days, then you are entitled to a replacement?

I know it seems like i've gone off topic, but I still don't know what's causing this problem. My TV's warranty runs out soon so if anyone thinks this could be the problem I need to try and get it fixed ASAP.

If it is 'compatibility' then, well, it shouldn't be, and manufacturers should tell you what kit is compatible with thier products before we part with £1500 of our very hard earned cash.

A

Anonymous

say 20 hail marys and throw some goats blood over it
emotion-60.gif

A

Anonymous

Has no-one else come across this kind of problem. Anyone else with similar kit to mine?

scene

Have you had an electrician in to check the state of your wiring and your system's earth connection?

Have you tried ensuring all the equipment is plugged into surge protectors / smoothers, just to rule out spikes from other electrical sources, for example nearby lift or air-conditioning equipment?

Failing that, I'm with Max on the Hail Marys and Goat Blood...

A

Anonymous

Check your settings in the menu. If you have enabled the automatic updates and you have the TV connected to the Internet, then it will randomly power on and off in order to check for a firmware update.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, AndyK48, It was on so I'll see what happens now I've turned it off.

Scene, again thank you for your reply. I have tried a mains conditioner and the sound drop outs still occur. I haven't had chance to check my earths yet but I will do so when I get chance.

I complained about the LX81 and the fact that their repairers had it for a month, scratched the top and it still has the original fault of audio drop out when using HDMI. They came and replaced the case this morning and I grabbed my chance to barrage the guy who came to fit it about my complaints. The Sevenoaks manager phoned me back later to say he has contacted Pioneer about having another repairer look at it as he had not been impressed with their work himself. I'm just hoping they say just to replace it- wishful thinking I know but I'm not convinced it would be fixed by someone else either. As i already said, there is still a phantom glow on the receiver's front panel display from the HDMI box on the left.

scene

I didn't realise the Samsung had an automatic internet update option! Having read AndyK48's posting, I would say this does sound like the most likely solution. Hopefully, this will sort it out. Sorry to hear about the issues you're having issues with the repair work

Shame, I had a goat on order and was talking to my local priest...
emotion-1.gif

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
ha ha ha that is so funny!!!

my samsung did that when i bought it brand new after 3 days the folks at samsung must be some kind of voodoo wizards implanting them with their evil rituals eh?

girl%20watching%20scary%20TV.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts