Poorer sound quality from a reciever than a dedicated amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I understand that using an AV receiver for general music infringes on the sound quality compared with a dedicated amplifier. It is the case I have a small budget and can't afford both but I use my Azur 640c V1 with my 540R V2 receiver, can anyone indicate how significant the loss of sound quality is when using this arrangement or if it makes a difference at this price range.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

It will degrade the quality - this is because the music which is usually 2 channel is split up into 4 or more channels when the data is not originally there.

A

Anonymous

There is a very significant loss of performance when listening to music through almost all AV receivers compared to dedicated amplifiers. Sad but true! At least if your AV receiver has pre-outs you can feed them into a decent (sh - not expensive) amp and have the best of both Worlds!

A

Anonymous

It is sad. This is a novice remark but will using it in a dedicated stereo mode make a any difference? Don't have a suitable pre-out, but still have my old A5, might be able to set something up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts