poor picture on panasonic

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
can anyone offer any advice as to get the best picture on my new panny 42 px80 having set the tv up i have found the picture quality rather dissapointing. i am running the set through sky+ via a new scart lead with sky set to rgb as the retailer suggested. any ideas?

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Hiya, I have the 37 inch LCD version and I use Monster Scart cable with my Sky plus. Have you set up your telly with any of the THX Menu options found on any Disney Pixar DVD as this made a difference with my picture settings. It could be your telly needs a bit more time to run in before you get optimum performance?

moomin

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
I have a panasonic px70 42 inch plasma,and i must say what a superb picture,however it does take some running in,also as shado says,yes the thx menu on pixar and star war dvds is brilliant for setting your picture up,try setting your contrast- sharpness - brightness settings in the middle ,set colur management to on,and make sure you have picture noise reduction to off as turning it too setting 1,2 or 3 makes it worse.where you have a choice for setting the picture to dynamic,cinema or normal,set it too normal,ithink the settings on your set are identical to mine,i also have a good scart cable ixos connected from my virgin media box to the plasma at rgb settings,the pictures superb considering its not a hd picture being transmitted,hope this helps you.

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
All of the above is great advice, I still find on poorer digital channels you can see pixellation (ITV2 is a culprit) and that's on my 37" at about 9ft. What's your viewing distance? I think if you're viewing a 42" at about 8ft or less you may be dissapointed simply due to the lack of resolution. Feed it upscaled DVD or HD and you're laughing

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice guys, my viewing distance is around 10ft, so i will try the thx menu and see how we get on

A

Anonymous

What's it like on freeview or with DVD. If you can get a good picture with another source then suspect your box and or dish and LNB

Have you tried re-setting it from scratch by re-doing the setup. The TV may be stuck on shop settings

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts