Polk psw111 or Dynavoice Magic sub 8 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd try to add a bit f bass to my system ,even if I am happy with my Epos Elan 10 The budget is tight ,the room is smallish (17sqm)and my low back problems require a small one and not too heavy . The polk is bass reflex with the woofer downdfiring and the Dynavoice is closed box.

Any experiences and impressions? or suggestions?

insider9

Teo said:
I'd try to add a bit f bass
Could you describe what exactly are you trying to achieve by adding a sub? What's the rest of setup and what will it be used for? What's wrong with current setup?

Without knowing the above I'd suggest using tone controls as it would achieve exactly what you've asked for so far.

Teo said:
I'd try to add a bit f bass to my system ,even if I am happy with my Epos Elan 10 The budget is tight ,the room is smallish (17sqm)and my low back problems require a small one and not too heavy . The polk is bass reflex with the woofer downdfiring and the Dynavoice is closed box.

You obviously are not if you feel the need to add a sub. If you look at other threads on here you will see that the integration of a sub, without the appropriate amplifier, into a 2.1 speaker system is very difficult to achieve successfully. I assume this is what you are trying to do. If it is then I suggest changing your Elan 10's

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Teo said:

You obviously are not if you feel the need to add a sub. If you look at other threads on here you will see that the integration of a sub, without the appropriate amplifier, into a 2.1 speaker system is very difficult to achieve successfully. I assume this is what you are trying to do. If it is then I suggest changing your Elan 10's

Probably the Elan 15 would been better in this respect but they were and still are out of discussion .Selling the Elans would be difflicult and not a pragmatic solution in the conditions of the local market .

I read a lot of materials about this problem and I know that this isn't an easy task .

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
insider9 said:
Teo said:
I'd try to add a bit f bass
Could you describe what exactly are you trying to achieve by adding a sub? What's the rest of setup and what will it be used for? What's wrong with current setup?

Without knowing the above I'd suggest using tone controls as it would achieve exactly what you've asked for so far.

There are some records where the bass is weaker than I'd like or than it is on other records , no matter if the source is vinyl or CD .On other records , I don't feel this so much the bass is fuller. Anyway better than my previous M5 . But I feel that it can be better. In my car the same tracks are bassyer but there I have tone controls ,in my home system I don't

Sources : Technics SL-1500 /Benz Micro MC20E2H ,Technics SL-D3/Goldring Elektra , Leema Elements Phono ,Cambridge Audio 640P . Digital :Naim CD5i Ecosse Le Baton interconnects

Amplifier : Consonance Linear A100

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Late Follow up

I made it with a Dynavoice Magic 8 Sub ....
Somehow I managed to achieve my goal easyer than I imagined . And sounded much better than I imagined it would .
Secret ; The sub must not be audible itself . I cut it somewhere around 80 Hz if I remember well, to let blending with the bottom end of the Elans . And put the volume of the sub quite low

Late Follow up

I made it with a Dynavoice Magic 8 Sub ....
Somehow I managed to achieve my goal easyer than I imagined . And sounded much better than I imagined it would .
Secret ; The sub must not be audible itself . I cut it somewhere around 80 Hz if I remember well, to let blending with the bottom end of the Elans . And put the volume of the sub quite low
Very late follow up, your thread is 6 years old, please start another.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts