PMC Fact 12, outrageously expensive, yes, worth it YES!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Now the very proud owner of PMC Fact 12s. If there's a better speaker on the planet I've not heard it. The most open transparent window to the music I've ever heard but a good measure. Bass to die for. Stridency? None. Edginess? None. Immaculate clarity yet smooth and musical. Does it get any better? I highly doubt it.

Before I bought them I thought they were outrageously overpriced. Now, I consider them a bargain. I've heard far more expensive super speakers and in my opinion they have nothing on the Fact 12s. Plus the Fact 12s are far more elegant and room friendly than those behemoths.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
They look massive. PMC are good brand of speakers. Glad you like the sound. Enjoy. But I dnt think I will ever pay that much for a set of speakers. In simple terms cnt afford them *nea*

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Tried them out last weekend and fell in love with them. I would be anticipating delivery of my own pair if the deal to sell my BB5SE's hadn't fallen through. *cray2*

I agree with everything you said. I actually had tears in my eyes during the demo they were that good.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
drummerman said:
CnoEvil said:
Good job.....I think your current system might just "stay the pace" for quite a while to come.

Enjoy.

Really ... ? :)

Definitely!.....Probably!.....Possibly!.....Maybe not!

I'm the first to admit I've done a lot of gear swapping, and in the past I've always said no matter how much I love my latest acquisition, it may get replaced. Not this time. Check back in 3 years. I guarantee I will still be listening to these speakers. I've never before owned a pair of speakers that so clearly exceeded all previous comers. These leave zero doubt in my mind that no more can be achieved. They are truly state of the art IMO.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
DSCF7132_zpsuevbdjez.jpg

DSCF7125_zpsafk0xq2p.jpg

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
they are nordost fut cones,wanting to give these a go meant be very good,but not cheap,would like to hear your thought on these jax wired,they say the best place to start isolation is under your speakers.

p.s very nice system.

david

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
matt49 said:
What are they standing on?

They are standing on granite slabs. I've replaced the stock spikes with nordost footers. They call this product "sort fut". They are vibration control footers. They make more sense to me than spikes. They are designed to isolate you speaker rather than connect it with the floor like spikes. The speakers float on ceramic ball bearings.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
jaxwired said:
matt49 said:
What are they standing on?

They are standing on granite slabs. I've replaced the stock spikes with nordost footers. They call this product "sort fut". They are vibration control footers. They make more sense to me than spikes. They are designed to isolate you speaker rather than connect it with the floor like spikes. The speakers float on ceramic ball bearings.

interesting. I'll have a look at those.

I have my speakers on Townshend isolation bars, which probably do a similar job. I think the principle of isolating speakers is sound (sic).

EvPa

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
Does the Devialet have the SAM for them?

Nope, they do have it for the Fact 8s though (the 12s currently have 32 votes on http://voteforsam.devialet.com/category/pmc/?vfs-filter=popular).

PMC-wise I would be more interested by a pair of these :

nIL8RBD.jpg

*biggrin*

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
MattSPL said:
How do they compare to the IB2's Jaxxwired? Can those smaller drivers move as much air as the IB2?

These do not have quite the visceral impact of the massive bass of the IB2s, but this speakers still goes deep and has substantial bass. The sound has superb weight to the low end, but this speaker has more speed than the IB2. This speaker is more balanced. This is the better speaker IMO and it looks way better.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Covenanter said:
It's great that you have speakers that you love at a price you can afford.

Chris

Thank you Chris. I feel very very lucky that I can indeed afford these. I've worked very hard in my career the last 25 years with few breaks. Luck and hard work have put me in a good place at this point at least.

Also, I recevied a very favorable price...

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
jaxwired said:
MattSPL said:
How do they compare to the IB2's Jaxxwired? Can those smaller drivers move as much air as the IB2?

These do not have quite the visceral impact of the massive bass of the IB2s, but this speakers still goes deep and has substantial bass. The sound has superb weight to the low end, but this speaker has more speed than the IB2. This speaker is more balanced. This is the better speaker IMO and it looks way better.

Thanks for the info, that's good to know.

Cheers

matt

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts