Please help with bookshelf speaker to place near a wall!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dears,

I need some suggestions about bookshelf speakers that can be placed near a wall (max 5-10 cm).

I was thinking about the leema XERO and goldenote A-3.

I'm searching somethig in the 800-1400 euro value ans so other suggestions would be of much help :)

Thanks for all the efforts!

Marco

Hi Marco

Spendor make dedicated wall mounted speakers, which cost around £1,000. It really all boils down to what system and budget you have, and whether this style of speaker would suffice? Or is it you're looking for conventional stand mounted speakers that are good close to a wall?

A

Anonymous

Thanks,

I'm searching conventional stand mounted speakers that are good close to a wall or in a bookshelf :)

marco pane:

Thanks,

I'm searching conventional stand mounted speakers that are good close to a wall or in a bookshelf :)

Budget? (he says rather hesitantly)
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

No need to apologize :)!

Thanks for the info!

Any other, please :)?

A

Anonymous

if you live in non uk europe checkout paradigm and canton

totem are also meant to go well close to walls

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Should have seen that one coming. Can't really help you, any speaker that close to a wall, side or rear, will be compromised to some degree. Cerainly home trial stuff.

A

Anonymous

marco try the totem dreamcatchers as i mentioned they go very well close to walls and you can get optional wall brackets

you might also want to try the sonus faber toys too

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
drummerman:Should have seen that one coming. Can't really help you, any speaker that close to a wall, side or rear, will be compromised to some degree. Cerainly home trial stuff.

I tend to disagree. I have a pair of MA BR2's that, after much experimentation, seem to be happiest about 40mm from a rear wall. I know MA BR2's are well below marco's budget but I'm sure if he auditions enough speakers he will find what he is looking for.

A

Anonymous

Wilson Benesch Square One's are designed specifically to work fine up against a wall, also the Square Two but they are a bit more expensive.

The Spendor SA1 should be fine too.

All these are truly excellent speakers and got 5 star reviews, the Square 1 was the best speaker up to £2000 in 2007 I believe. The review has only gone from the WHF website as they haven't had any to review recently.

A

Anonymous

Ive just ordered a pair of rega rs1's, should be ok if you wanted a pair of regas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts