Plasma run in....?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, Ive been going crazy for the past 3 months lookin to get a tv but i am now finally going to purchase a sammy ps50c7000 at £1350 with a 5 year warrenty which i think is not a bad price. But ive never owned a plasma and have read somet tales about burn in. IR and that the most important time of a plasma life is the first 100hrs. But if this is the case what should i do for the first 100hrs? I dont want to damage my soon to be new screen. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
If your really concerned about burn in then lower the contrast and make sure you dont leave anything 'static' onscreen for too long (including tv emblems)

It shouldnt really be an issue these days, but theres no harm in being careful

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
ramzijw:

i am now finally going to purchase a sammy ps50c7000 at £1350 with a 5 year warrenty which i think is not a bad price.

Many thanks

Where have you spotted this deal?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
ramzijw:

Hi guys, Ive been going crazy for the past 3 months lookin to get a tv but i am now finally going to purchase a sammy ps50c7000 at £1350 with a 5 year warrenty which i think is not a bad price. But ive never owned a plasma and have read somet tales about burn in. IR and that the most important time of a plasma life is the first 100hrs. But if this is the case what should i do for the first 100hrs? I dont want to damage my soon to be new screen. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

ramzijw,

The best advice i can give you is to do what i done when my Panny G20 arrived....leave no static pictures on screen (ie photo's and menu's) for long periods and don't watch ANY content in 4:3 ratio as the borders introduced to the sides of the picture in this ratio can cause IR and if you are really unlucky some screen burn. If you have a games console i would also refrain from extended gaming sessions too just to be safe, but just give it 2-3 weeks or so to settle in (depending on how much you use it) and from then on you should have no concerns.

TRENDING THREADS