pioneer x curve

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
after reading another thread ive found out my vsx-920 has x curve which allows you to turn the treble down on the speakers by -3db.

a few people have posted that monitor audio speakers may be too bright for my amp and i had finally decided on the b&w mt25/30 till now

i do like the looks of the monitor audio bx range and originaly wanted floorstanders. looks like demoing both now

any thoughts/comments welcome

just when i thought id made my mind up....lol

A

Anonymous

I use x-curve sometimes on my rx6 and its great, but usually I dont need to.

But you can get a steal on the old BR speakers but the BX would be great as well.

What about the new kefs? If you wanted floorstands why get the mt25?

A

Anonymous

the only floorstands i liked the look of was the monitor audios, to be honest didnt like floorstands till i looked at my mates gs20's they look stunning.

havent seen the new kefs yet but will do, the b&w did feel a bit of a compramise at first after people said the ma would be too bright, but the more reviews i read the more i like them, the pv1 looks the part too if i can afford the mt-30 package.

thanks for your imput on the x curve mate

A

Anonymous

The PV1 is like the bose of the AV world IMO.

You can get so so much better performance for cheaper.

You could, if you can find 2 rsw12 for cheaper and that would destroy the PV1, or the BK subwoofers. The monolith and the one down from that would also kill the PV1.

Yes the PV1 looks nice and it does perform, but not for the money

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
canada16: If you wanted floorstands why get the mt25?

My thoughts too. If you can accomodate floorstanders and/or regular standmount speakers, I wouldn't be looking at style packages.

Some here do a bit of mix 'n' match, using full size fronts and centre, then using style speakers for the surround channels. If this is the kind of thing you're looking to do, you should at least keep to a single manufacturer.

If you're thinking of the BX range for the front, that'd mean trying to find some of Monitor Audio's Radius speakers for the rears.

If you can find space for BX1s in the rear though, so much the better.

A

Anonymous

I hate to say it, but I have the RX1 for the rear, and yes it sounds amazing, but they are so big and not really filling the whole back with surround as either they are point at me or nothing as my sofa is against the back wall, and RXFX dont suit my layout.

I might look to get 2 apex speakers or possibly R90HD for the rears and selling the RX1.

Really gutted TBH

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hey Canada had a look at your system and your sitting room not an option to use the rxfx and flick the switch and run them in bi/dipole. I have been to numerous cinemas where they have speakers on the back wall behind the seats. Just keep them high up. Mine are about 6ft from the ground on the sidewalls with not a lot of "wall" around them. There is a bay window behind the main listening sofa and about a 3ft wide wall on the other side to accomodate a door (pesky doors who needs 'em!!) Only thing it may look a little odd having 2 speakers side by side on your back wall but would make a fair job of immersing the back of the room in sound. Rather than having your rx1s pointing right at your head!! Can send you the address for my flickr account if you want. Tou can see 1 of the rxfx is right in the corner.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that John

mods can you give my email address ?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts