PIONEER SCLX72

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I know it's last year's model. I know it doesn't do 3d (who cares!).

It's extremely cheap! Going for £800 in most place (RRP is £1800).

Worth a punt? Has anyone heard it. I used to have (and love) and old Pioneer amp. So much so, it took ages to get used to the warmer sound of my current Denon. Given this is a higher-end bit of kit, will it blow my Denon out of the water? Will my wooden floored room make it all sound too harsh?

Answers on a postcard!

D

Deleted member 2457

Big Aura:

I know it's last year's model. I know it doesn't do 3d (who cares!).

It's extremely cheap! Going for £800 in most place (RRP is £1800).

Worth a punt? Has anyone heard it. I used to have (and love) and old Pioneer amp. So much so, it took ages to get used to the warmer sound of my current Denon. Given this is a higher-end bit of kit, will it blow my Denon out of the water? Will my wooden floored room make it all sound too harsh?

Answers on a postcard!

Definetely worth a punt
emotion-21.gif

What hi fi group test your speakers and the winner was a slighly cheaper pioneer, but it proves they must be a good combination.

I have no idea about the wooden floor part though.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I got it with my RX6 and its amazing, it doesnt upscale over HDMI but who cares at the price.

It does force 3D by the way, set the player to 3D and the TV and bobs your uncle, thank dave for that, but audio we are not sure yet

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It'll definitely sound much better than the 1909. It'll have far more grip over your B&W's - you'll be hearing them in a whole new light!

As Canada states, it's only 'drawback' is that it doesn't scale HDMI sources, but unless your source is HD, you'd more than likely be better off outputting it's native resolution via component - it just depends how good the scaling is within that component.

For £800-900 new, these are a bargain, and will do a far better job of driving and controlling demanding speakers like the 600 series.

TRENDING THREADS