Pioneer PDP428xd problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys i'm really hoping someone here can help me. I've just started noticing that parts of the picture begin to break up or wobble when a film begins to pan, either horizontally or vertically. It almost looks as though parts of the picture momentarily get left behind. This doesn't happen all the time but its enough to make me worry. Is there something in the settings that will fix this problem or does it sound like theres a fault with the tv!?

At the moment i only watch upscaled material via a Sony RDR-HXD1065 dvd player which otherwise combined with the pioneer looks incredible!

Many thanks in advanced
emotion-1.gif

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi Poobert. Does this happen with everything you watch? Freeview? Sky? If not, then I would guess that it is just a settings issue - either with the input that you are going into on the 428 or on the Sony. I would recommend: a) make sure that in your picture settings under pro-adjust, that pure cinema is set to standard, b) drive mode is set to 1 and c) under IP mode in options, it is set to 1. If you are going in via HDMI, then under HDMI Input in options, make sure it is set to video and not PC. Also check what you are outputting from your Sony. I don't have any experience with it myself but make sure that it is set to PAL (50hz) and not NTSC (60hz). If there is an option to output at 576i, then do that and let the Pioneer do all the scaling and processing. Because of the sheer amount of settings on both, there's a lot of space for some kind of conflict to happen. It sounds to me like you are just having some kind of problem with the refresh rate setting on one or the other.

A

Anonymous

Hey big thanks for the help! I'm gonna have a mess around with it tonight using your advice. Fingers crossed i'll fix it!
emotion-4.gif

peanutfrenzy

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Assuming you haven't already fixed this, I think the idea is to set the screen refresh rate as a direct multiple of the source frame rate. In other words, for 50hz TV broadcasts set screen to 100Hz, for 25fps standard def DVD use 75Hz, and for 24fps HD/BD sources use 72Hz. Assuming the setup menus are the same as the 4280XD, have a look for 'Drive Mode' in the 'Options' submenu - apparently setting 1 = 75Hz, 2 = 100Hz, and 3 = 72Hz. And have a scan through the review on HDTV Test - http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Pioneer-PDP4280XD (especially page 4) - as the reviewer does go into some detail on setting up. I don't know if there's an easy way of setting this automatically (rather than trawling through menus every time you want to switch between DVD and TV), but you might be able to assign a specific refresh rate to each input, or to each of the 'user modes'. In any case I'd be interested to hear how you get on as we're quite tempted to invest in one of these TVs too.

A

Anonymous

It seems that the problem was watching it through pure cinema smooth mode in the settings. I switched it to off and the trouble seems to have gone away. I'm still a little concerned though because i've had the tv for over a month now and have always had it set on smooth mode. Its only within the last week that i've noticed this problem. If l leave it on smooth it seems to be getting worse.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts