pioneer n50 or add sonos to my pioneer lx55 receiver

jon c

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
hi everyone, havent posted for a while and still not sorted out my computer based systems since last post lol, so now i have one simple question and hope people out there can advise me accordingly, do i add sonos to my system or is the pioneer n-50 a better option all music i played generally is on a nas.

rgds jon

jon c

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
hi, perhaps i should give you an insight into why i ask about sonos v pioneer n50, i basically use my computer for playing music but i also use at same time for gaming and occasionally use teamspeak3 aswell, although my comp is top spec and can handle my music quality is now starting to suffer for it. So i wish to take the computer out of the equation altogether.

So in your opinion which would you get and have you tried both of the relevant apps for each product, from my research they both look capable of doing what i wish but the sonos kit is cheaper and does have the multiroom option if i want that later maybe.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I think either would be fine, but it sounds like maybe you'd be better of with a Sonos.

It's half price, and offers multi-room later which it sounds like you may be interested in. The Pioneer looks nicer, and plays the high resolution files, but unless you're definitely into those, I'm not sure it's worth making a decision based on it.

I recently had Sonos doubts due to hi-res, but then wondered how many current CDs I'd actually replace with hi-res versions, and how much music I like would be available. It seems perhaps to be heading for a DVD-audio / SACD type niche.

I'm currently a bit fed up that the speakered Sonos Play 3 / 5 are similar price or cheaper than the Connect, which has to be hooked into an amp, but I've decided to stick with Sonos to extend into the living room and my surrond system. Nothing else really seems to fit in terms of the ease of use, (my existing Sonos after a few years has never failed, skipped, or anything), sound quality, wireless but doesn't use the normal wireless network bandwidth, multi-room integration, and no need to turn on a TV to use it. And when I did have a query the support was very good, (turned out it was the ripped file that was corrupt BTW).

Hope this helps, but as at the start, by the sound of it you won't go far wrong with the Pioneer, but I can vouch the Sonos will also be good.

jon c

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
well guys i opted for the pioneer n-50 and i have that little voice niggling away at the back of my mind thinking i should have gone the sonos route, the pioneer is awesome bit of kit and i do like it but 2things are annoying me, the fact that it doesnt play wma lossless so im having to convert all music to flac and the fact it doesnt seem to support gapless playback which is extremely annoying.

earl

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
jon c
wonder what your thoughts are now on the n-50? considering going for this with my amp and speakers or down the sonos route so would appreciate some feedback on your experience since your last post.
cheers

TRENDING THREADS