Multi-room Hi-Fi Solution : Sonos, Heos or Pioneer

Hi,

I'am looking for a multiroom hi-fi audio solution. I need integration with Spotify and a Synology NAS (D213j). A part of my music files is FLAC. My budget is maximum $1000. I made the following short list :

- Sonos : first with Connect or Connect:Amp then maybe extended with a Play:1, Play:3 or Play:5 speaker
- Denon Heos : basically the same as Sonos, thus Heos Link or Heos Amp maybe extended with Heos3, Heos5 or Heos7
- Pioneer : N-P01 network player (whith the SX-P01 amp, what they call the XN-P02DAB config) maybe extended with a
XW-SMA1, XW-SMA3 or XW-SMA4

Denon and Pionneer are Spotify Connect compatible while Sonos use something else and older to integrate Spotify.
Pioneer has an app and a remote controller while Sonos and Denon Heos have app only.
I'm not sure if N-P01 and XW-SMA wireless speakers are easily manageable in a multi-room environment.

Of course, I want a good user experience : gaplessness, good audio quality, easily control volume, user-friendly app,...

Any suggestion or any experience to share ? Something to add to my short-list ?

Regards,

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I'd go for Sonos but then I would say that because I went for Sonos, I've never tried the other two, which is why I won't be commenting on them. That's probably why you're not getting any answers, I doubt there's anyone here that's had experience of all three products, particularly given that two of them haven't been on the market for very long.

hesfordj

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same dilemma. I'm not that bothered about the multi-room experience but I do want to be able to play streamed digital music. I'm put off Sonos because the HiFi connector and the soundbar are super-expensive and the system is a little bit too self-contained with no standalone WiFi or BlueTooth.

I'm intrigued by several competitor systems, including ones which just make use of one of more £200 music streamers (I have some nice speakers and amps hanging around).

It seems to me that the choice might boil down to how good and useful the Andrioid control app is. I've heard terrible revues of those for Jongo and QED so I'd really like to hear from people who love the control app. Is there one that essentially allows you a music-selection interface like Spotify or Deezer but connects to the streamer system?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts