Pioneer KRP 500-A

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have recently bought a 1080p television for the bedroom and now the old system downstairs looks much less acceptable. I am thinking of getting a Pioneer KRP 500-A. What is the use of the digital tuner as I have heard that it cannot receive Freesat, is this true? Would I need to get a different, separate Freesat box?

Many thanks,

Paul 

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
The only TV's with built-in Freesat Tuners are currently made by Panasonic. The PX81 and G10 ranges I believe are the ones with Freesat. Therefore if you want Freesat, you'll need a seprate tuner or PVR box.

daveh75

Paul Allen: What is the use of the digital tuner as I have heard that it cannot receive Freesat, is this true? Would I need to get a different, separate Freesat box?

Many thanks,

Paul

Yes and no, basically it's an inbuilt DVB-S/S2 "FTA" tuner so yes you will be able to receive the same FTA channels available on Freesat but you wont get the freesat EPG as it doesn't support it.

So if you want the Freesat EPG then yes you'll need a seperate box!

HTH

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I've seen a KRP-500A running off its internal satellite tuner with a functioning EPG (I could see what was on now and next at the very least, I didn't look much further than that to be honest). What you can't use is the red button stuff, although if ITV HD can be manually tuned as some threads here suggest then I don't see why you can't do that as well.

Which leads to another question, can you manually tune the BBC red button channels? On Freeview they're always there, usually on 301, 302 and 303, would it be possible to find them on satellite in a similar fashion? They must be present in the datastream somewhere?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts