Pioneer DV LX 50 DVD player no audio or video output

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Disc inserted, nothing happens. Not even displaying menu options. persistent pressing of remote's buttons gets temporary display on player indicating that it is actually playing the disc but not outputting a signal.

Connected another player via same HDMI lead to Yamaha amp etc and everything works fine, so it's definitely a problem with the Pioneer DVD player.

Any ideas anyone??

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi I know this may sound silly but have you told the DVD player how your sending the audio & video? Have you told the amp how your receiving and then sending both?? Have you tried running HDMI from DVD to tv so bypassing amp, surely that way you will determine where the problem lies.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
sta99y:Hi I know this may sound silly but have you told the DVD player how your sending the audio & video? Have you told the amp how your receiving and then sending both?? Have you tried running HDMI from DVD to tv so bypassing amp, surely that way you will determine where the problem lies.

None of the settings have been changed since it was used the day before; more to the point, without any on-screen menu, nothing can be changed anyway!

The problem is that the DVD player has suddenly ceased providing any output. Connecting a different player to the same equipment via same HDMI proves that the rest of the system is working fine.

What I am looking for is any possible suggestions as to why this may have happened; my next obvious choice is to contact Pioneer, but I believe there is only a standard 1 year warranty and I bought it 18 months ago.
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi. I have specifically joined this forum to get to know your answer. I have just experienced the same problem. Yesterday things were working fine then later that evening the DV-LX50 decided it would not communicate through HDMI. All the usual measures were tried ie. turning the whole system off at the wall for a minute to fully reset all components, but the result stubbornly remained that the player would not communicate through hdmi despite the player responding to other commands. Even this morning the charade continued until for no apparent reason it decided to trigger hdmi and allow normal functionality. I checked the player's hdmi video settings and tried the full range rgb option instead of the component setting but the result was too dark and lacked detail in shadows so I reverted to the component setting.

In conclusion I have no definite remedy for this problem, if it should occur again, but would be interested in hearing your solution to the problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts