Pioneer SC LX85 Video Delay

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I just wanted to confirm if the delay I am having with the Pioneer LX85 AV is normal for everyone or have I done something wrong in my set-up. I have only had the AV for a week.

I have my sky+hd box going to the AV into the DVR/BVR input and sound to optical 1. I have configured this in the Pioneer's input set-up. The problem I am having is everytime I change from a HD channel to a non HD channel or vice versa, I get the sound but the there is a delay before the picture is shown on the screen (no issues of picture out of lip-sync or anything - just a delay for the picture to arrive on the TV). The TV shows no signal for around 2-3 senconds and then I get the picture.

Is this normal with the LX85?

Also when I put the blu ray player (BDP LX55), the same happens sometimes between the intial tracks (advertisements) where there is a lag in the video to appear on the TV as you can see the blu ray player counter increasing but the TV still showing no signal (here both sound and video as both carried through HDMI) and by the time you get the signal the blu ray has gone to the next track. So back to no signal. This is resolved once the dvd reached its menu page then once I play the movie there are no issues throughout the movie.

Does the Pioneer take those 2-3 senconds to decode the input coming in before outputting information, hence the delay?

Cheers,

H

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
One or two seconds may sound about right but have you set the Sky box to output correstly. I use auto but changing to 1080 may lessen the delay. In this case the box will upscale SD / non HD rather than the amp or TV. This may or may not effect the picture quality - its something you will have to evaluate yourself. In other words I recon yr 'problem' is the TV changing resolution rather than the amp delaying matters.

I have been known to be wrong.

Only once tho'.

Cheers

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
One or two seconds may sound about right but have you set the Sky box to output correstly. I use auto but changing to 1080 may lessen the delay. In this case the box will upscale SD / non HD rather than the amp or TV. This may or may not effect the picture quality - its something you will have to evaluate yourself. In other words I recon yr 'problem' is the TV changing resolution rather than the amp delaying matters.

I have been known to be wrong.

Only once tho'.

Cheers

Certainly would have been my answer to the Sky issue also.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
The 2 second delay is either your AVR or TV changing resolution as stated above. This occurs on every device I've seen. In my experience this delay when switching between HD and SD broadcasts is worthwhile as the internal upscaling in the Sky box could be bested by a pair of drunk gerbils.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the answers.

I shall try changing the output on the sky box and see if it makes a difference.

I am slightly confused by one thing though. Before (never had an AV receiver before) I had the sky+HD box connected straight to the TV and the output has been on Auto. It has never shown a delay when changing from a HD channel to a SD channel. Was the TV not changing the resolution then? Is it the upscaler in the Pioneer that is taking the 2 -3 second delay?

Cheers,

H

TRENDING THREADS