Sony 2400es annoyances...can you help?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andy Grange:Might be worth manually measuring the distance from all the speakers to your seating position, and manually adding them into the receiver. I've yet to do this, but is definitely on my list in the next week or so. I guess you can look at the auto-calibration as a good starter for ten.

While I'm here, hoping Gerrard can help me out (again). I've got my dvd connected vis the BD HDMI, picture is now working and I've re-run the setup. For some reason I can't get DD showing up on the receiver though. I've tried seting the dvd player to output both DD and DD > LPCM, and on both settings I just get LPCM on the receiver with the front L+R speakers only kicking in. I've been trying this with the Fellowship of the Ring, which has a DD 5.1 soundtrack on.

Any ideas?

Try setting the Decode Priority to Auto (page 56 in the manual).

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Nice one, I'll give that a whirl tonight. Just out of interest, am I benefitting from plugging the dvd player into the BD HDMI? I guess I'm asking whether I'd lose anything by plugging it into the dvd HDMI.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andy Grange:Nice one, I'll give that a whirl tonight. Just out of interest, am I benefitting from plugging the dvd player into the BD HDMI? I guess I'm asking whether I'd lose anything by plugging it into the dvd HDMI.

No, and no. For ease of reference, I would plug it in to the dvd hdmi. One thing I like about the 3400es, they are not named, just hdmi 1 - 4.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts