Pioneer BDP-320 or Pioneer BDP-120 or Sony BDP-S360

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm about to buy a new blu-ray player, but which of the above should I go for and why?

Is the Pioneer 320 worth the extra outlay? And does anyone know anything about the Pioneer 120?

A

Anonymous

You could also hang on a bit and consider the Sony BDP 560 when it's released. With claimed 6 second loading time and built in WI-FI it could be a contender.

A

Anonymous

I cannot compare it against the other pioneers, but I recently purchased a Sony BDP 360S and think its a great machine super smooth motion and awesome depth of sound for a budget player.
emotion-11.gif

Darryl

matthewpiano

If you end up going with Sony I think you should wait for the BDP-S560. The 360 is an excellent machine (I've got a BDP-S363, which is the same machine with back-lit remote) but its not a massive upgrade on your existing '350, whereas the '560 would be very worthwhile.

I'm not familiar with the Pioneer machines, but I'm sure they are superb.

Sliced Bread

I have just buoght a Pioneer 320 and I love it. Picture & sound are both great, however I have not been able to compare it directly with the 360 and I've never seen the 120.

I did see the Sony a few times in the shops before I bought the Pioneer, and based on this the Pioneer seemed marginally better to me (though the Sony was still superb), however I was viewing them on different TV's in different stores so the comparison can't be relied upon.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
daveywavey18:You could also hang on a bit and consider the Sony BDP 560 when it's released. With claimed 6 second loading time and built in WI-FI it could be a contender.

I believe the "six seconds" refers to the power-on time. The load time is still cack...

A

Anonymous

What kind of job does the Pioneer 320 do when upscaling dvd's because this is quite important to me also?

I already have the Sony S350 which is superb and will be going in the bedroom; I am very tempted to go for the Pioneer 320 but its around £350 so before I buy I want assurance that its worth the money because I can get the Sony S360 for £160

Sliced Bread

andyb1984:
What kind of job does the Pioneer 320 do when upscaling dvd's because this is quite important to me also?

I already have the Sony S350 which is superb and will be going in the bedroom; I am very tempted to go for the Pioneer 320 but its around £350 so before I buy I want assurance that its worth the money because I can get the Sony S360 for £160

I upgraded to the 320 from a Denon 1930 which I always found to be an excellent up scaler. I have not tried many DVD's on it just yet but it seems to be at least as good on the whole, and significantly better at dealing with dark / murky scenes (such as those in Batman Begins). It will be replacing my DVD player. I cannot comment on a comparison between the Pioneer and your current Sony Player.

You may be interested in this thread:
http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/284229.aspx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts