Petition to Panasonic to enable 10bit option on DMP-UB900

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi, this petition is going on, on AVForums, some UB900 owners, like myself are having problems because Panasonic only have 8bit or 12 bit output. With Panasonic TVs there are no problems, but with other models, like LG, Samsung or Sony the problem is real. HDR discs use 10bit technology, and why there is only a 8 or 12 bit option and no 10bit...?

Panasonic is about to lunch this model in US, and they really need to figure this one out...

Here is the thread link.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/petition-to-panasonic-to-enable-a-10-bit-option-on-the-panasonic-dmp-ub900-player.2042886/

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Hi, this petition is going on, on AVForums, some UB900 owners, like myself are having problems because Panasonic only have 8bit or 12 bit output. With Panasonic TVs there are no problems, but with other models, like LG, Samsung or Sony the problem is real. HDR discs use 10bit technology, and why there is only a 8 or 12 bit option and no 10bit...?

Panasonic is about to lunch this model in US, and they really need to figure this one out...

Here is the thread link.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/petition-to-panasonic-to-enable-a-10-bit-option-on-the-panasonic-dmp-ub900-player.2042886/
Does the Samsung K8500 have one? Ta

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
gel said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:

Here is the thread link.

Does the Samsung K8500 have one? Ta

nope, the Samsung have the 10bit enabled, the Samsung don't have the option to select like the Pana have, but just between 8 or 12 bit

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Yep, just bought one from ebay . I'm loving the player, it has great sound and PQ. The first THX certified piece of kit that I've, and i'm lovin it so far!
Nice one! Which TV are you using it with?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
gel said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Yep, just bought one from ebay . I'm loving the player, it has great sound and PQ. The first THX certified piece of kit that I've, and i'm lovin it so far!

Bought in July a Samsung UE60KS7000, and last week just got the UB900. I want to be on the 4K HDR front, but with a certain price... I guess...

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
gel said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:

Bought in July a Samsung UE60KS7000, and last week just got the UB900. I want to be on the 4K HDR front, but with a certain price... I guess...
thumbs_up.gif
I will sign the petition.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I think they will definitely have to get this sorted by the time the units are released in the US or else people won't buy them at all or will buy them bit return them in droves for refunds. Perhaps it's one reason why Panasonic has delayed release in the US, but it certainly encourages me to wait for the second generation of players to come out.
That and the relative dearth of non blockbuster movies in the format.
We shall see...

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
On the US-based forum avsforum.com (not avforums.com) there's quite a few people posting about problems with grey (or gray) import modesl, that is models brought in from outside the US through channels other than the official importer / manufacturer and hooking up both the Samsung and the Panasonic UHD blu-ray players to projectors and 4K TVs alike.

Seems it might well be worth waiting for the second wave of players, after all....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts