Panicsonic!!!!

Sml534y

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
HELP!!!!!

My 2 year old threw a ball at my TXPGT50 tonight, it now has a hairline crack in the corner of the screen and yup you've guessed it, it now won't turn on.

my question is, can I get the screen replaced, being a plasma!?

im absolutely gutted!!

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
when my screen was replaced under the warranty they included the price which was £430 without fitting. Suggest contacting Panasonic to find there nearest approved work centre which you can then contact for a quote. Make sure however that it's agreed if your not happy with the replacement screen they will fit another free of charge, my first replacement, ironically, was much worse than the one it was replacing and I had to fight hard to get it replaced again. You don't want this if you are paying for it!

Also do you have accidental insurnace cover? Might be worth trying that although it might not be worth it if the premium goes up and some insurance companies will put it up just for you phoning to enquire about it so be careful. The TV probably isn't worth £300-400 in terms of insurance.

Sml534y

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I realise it will be costly to replace, but the TV though 3 years old has had very little use and pre incident was as new..

also the reason I bought this particular TV is because I have a particular dislike of picture judder, are there any current TVs out there with a comparable 2500 htz!??

Sml534y

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Why was your 1st replacement screen worse, did they use a 2nd hand unit!??

i must admit I am a little worried someone might repair it with an inferior screen from a lesser spec'd model!

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
it was a brand new screen, but it had a different fault that was much worse than the panel they replaced! They tried to argue that it was within specification but eventually I managed to get a brand new TV. In return I got a TV with a different fault and I argued with this one but they would not move and so I am left with it.

My main point is if you are paying for a new screen you need to make sure that somewhere you are covered if you are not happy with it. £450 is a lot to spend and not be happy, you might be better off paying for a new TV and getting a new 5 year warranty with it from John Lewis or Richersounds.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts