Panasonic Viera TH42PZ800B Screen Judder ..........NEED ADVICE URGENTLY!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear all,

I have recently bought a Panasonic Viera TH42PZ800B which is meant to be one of the best 42" plasmas on the market also nicknamed the Pioneer killer as they supposidly could not come up with a TV as good for the same value thus pulling out the 42" market. Sales chat i think .................

Since i bought it (1 month ago) the picture quality has been terrible on sports as follows.................

The Sky sports sign in the corner wabbles when players or anything walks or goes behind it.

When the goaly kicks the ball it judders across the screen like a rubbish comador 64 game and in some cases the screen has moved quickly from left to right and for a split second it has all frozen and smudged the players.

When the camera zooms in on a player, if a player walks infront of them for a split second its smudges or creates a bad haze around the outline of the person its focused on.

These problems are found in slow motion mode whilst watching super slow motion of the Oz tennis open the ball was flashing and juddering on quick live football matches.

These issues are not just related to broadcast pictures but also whilst playing PS3 Fifa 09. When the ball flies over the cross bar it judders and skips and flashes

What i have done to try and sort it...................

1st - i was advised to purchase better HDMI cables which i did at some great cost What Hi Fi 5 * graded stuff. 2nd i was told it was the broadcast so and delayed my complaints till i got Sky HD (720Ip) installed as on Sky + the sport channels were all rubbish. BUT the image quality is just the same as before.

2nd - I have fiddled around with all the settings taking scans off, image stabilizers, decreasing sharpness etc etc i have literally tried everthing with a view to deceasing how much the TV has to think thus hopefully increasing its ability to deal with quick motion on the TV. Again no difference at all the image is no better or worse.

3rd - I have Red eye system in my house, i have tested the broacasts on the other Tv's in my house through the AF or AR whats ever its called. My 32" LCD HD ready (non 1920x1080) which is 3 years old does not judder at all with the same feed. So issues with broadcast are surely ruled out completely.

So i called out the maitenance people who were very quite about the whole thing. I have since called them after they have run tests on it for 3 days. Their reply its working within spec and thats it! They are an approved Panasonci dealer and fixer but i get the impression they hear this all the time so arnt really interested. All they saying is there is not point getting another of the same TV as i will have the same issues i have to contact the store and look at other options.

I have emailed Panasonic directly but no response yet. Can anyone offer advice or have they had simular problems with this TV as no one mentions these sets????????!!!!!!???????

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
When I bought my pioneer they had one of panasonics top models hanging next to it and I noticed motion judder straight away, that was on a documentary on Sky HD. I can only assume that this is not one of their strong points though they score in other respects, colour gradation and range in particular.

I'm sure you get plenty of more knowledgeable help here from owners but I would suggest you turn all processing off and check what mode ie. 100/72 hz or whatever setting you have selected if you have'nt done so already.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for reply so quickly. I have turned the IFC off. But its still v bad. Any other ideas?

A

Anonymous

Exectec:Cheers for reply so quickly. I have turned the IFC off. But its still v bad. Any other ideas?Not really. Most of the symptoms you describe sound like IFC problems on broadcast material.

What's the TV like on Bluray at 24fps with IFC off and then IFC on. What's it like with DVDs? Is it just SKY? or Freeview?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
I too would have said it was the IFC.

Try turning picture overscan "on" and side panel to "high".

I have no such issues with my 85b, is there a chance you can change the set??

Also remember that you need to turn IFC off for seperate inputs, as each input is individually assignable

A

Anonymous

I think you mentioned you had SKY set to 720p?? Set it to 1080i.

A

Anonymous

Ive the 85b and have none of the problems you describe! Must a dodgy set! Smooth pans and motion where one of reasons i bought the TV after a whole afternoon playing with tv's from sony pioneer and panasonic

A

Anonymous

I have sharpness set to zero contrast and colour on around 50% overscan off and frame creation turned off..oohh yes brightness is aslo around 50%

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Yep pretty much as mine with cinema and warm.

Have overscan on for SD though
emotion-1.gif

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
Just changing the thread a little bit, i have a panasonic 50px70 and everyone says on here to turn the sharpness right down but when i do the picture is really blurry, also get lots of picture noise on most channels any advice on setup anyone.

A

Anonymous

Exectec,

Take the set back if your not happy with it period. I had the same sort of problem with a Sony. My set went to the repair ctr & was deemed within limits. I kikked up hell with the retailer & got a refund & that was from Amazon!.

If your retailer has any credibility whatsoever you should have no problem. If you do threaten to take them to court under EU regulations.

In this day & age if you are not happy they have to do something & cant simply fob you off with its within limits.

Also speak with Panasonic direct These guys customner services teams are usually very good & want toi retain ou as a customer.

Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts