Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

Luke Kenobi

Jun 15, 2008
Visit site
Need a new TV ASAP. ontent via freeview HD and Blu Ray's. With no 4K disc standards yet I'm a bit hesitant in waiting for the AX900. At the same time wouldn't want the plasma to be surpassed a few months after purchase. What's the wise choice? Thanks, all advice appreciated. :cheers:

Despite what Panasonic claims, I don't think the AX900 will surpass plasma. LCD technology with IPS panel has its inherent weaknesses. Check my impressions of the ultimate shootout I attended last week.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/the-ultimate-shoot-out?page=3

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Luke Kenobi said:
Need a new TV ASAP. ontent via freeview HD and Blu Ray's. With no 4K disc standards yet I'm a bit hesitant in waiting for the AX900. At the same time wouldn't want the plasma to be surpassed a few months after purchase. What's the wise choice? Thanks, all advice appreciated.

I would get the ZT and a possible replacement only once 4K content is available and this at an acceptable price-level. The set certainly won't be "surpassed" in a few months.

Luke Kenobi said:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that Blu Ray 1080p will always be better 1:1 without up scaling . Is this true?

Obvously it will, as upscaling involves artificial processing resulting in loss of quality. Having said that, the upscalers in 2014 4K TVs are brilliant, and you will struggle to notice any difference.

Luke Kenobi

Jun 15, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Despite what Panasonic claims, I don't think the AX900 will surpass plasma. LCD technology with IPS panel has its inherent weaknesses. Check my impressions of the ultimate shootout I attended last week.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/the-ultimate-shoot-out?page=3
great info , thanks. This is certainly of help.

Luke Kenobi

Jun 15, 2008
Visit site
Is it too risky to watch three football matches a day straight out the box without going through the 200-250hour running in time to prevent image retention etc.. Likewise movies at 2:35:1 with black bars top and bottom.

Would love to know how I could get it professionally calibrated. But don't know where to start looking for such services. :?

T

theflyingwasp

Hmmm I think the image retention thing has had its day ,I've never had any probs with the ZT or the GT out of the box.maybe wouldn't hurt to watch a full screen film followed by a blacked bar film for the first day or so ,or leave it on a channel all night on mute with no logos etc just till everything settles down.

D

Deleted member 2457

Luke Kenobi said:
Is it too risky to watch three football matches a day straight out the box without going through the 200-250hour running in time to prevent image retention etc.. Likewise movies at 2:35:1 with black bars top and bottom.

Would love to know how I could get it professionally calibrated. But don't know where to start looking for such services. :?

Here is a good place to start:

http://www.displaycalibration.co.uk/pricing/

T

theflyingwasp

There is quite a few blokes doing calibration,where do you live? Sometimes depends on how far the guys have to travel.steve withers done my sets and to be honest 200 hours is the minimum,I would give it 300 hours just to let the gases totally settle,your tv May have been sitting in storage for a year.

Luke Kenobi

Jun 15, 2008
Visit site
I must say the size difference between my last set at 42" and this one at 60" is incredible. I new it would be better but has exceeded my initial expectations. It feels so much more natural / lifelike. At 9ft viewing distance.

D

Deleted member 2457

Luke Kenobi said:
I must say the size difference between my last set at 42" and this one at 60" is incredible. I new it would be better but has exceeded my initial expectations. It feels so much more natural / lifelike. At 9ft viewing distance.

Nice one! :cheers: Any chance of some pictures?

Adds88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Got mine guys :cheers: my mouth drop on the floor how big it is :O i just swap my 42G30 lool thanks guys for nudge to get this tv :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Adds88 said:
Got mine guys :cheers: my mouth drop on the floor how big it is :O i just swap my 42G30 lool thanks guys for nudge to get this tv :)

:cheers:

How about some pictures too?

Adds88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
imagejpeg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts