Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Adds88 said:
Im using steven withers settings looks good to me thanks to flyingwasp:) and gel im most likely gonna get it calibrated in couple months

Nice one. :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

Adds88 said:
I have email steve he will charge me £275 to get it done

That's expensive! Jules from THX calibration charged me £185! Where abouts do you live?

T

theflyingwasp

Excellent! Steve is a great guy ,really knows his stuff ,he was even in the April/May issue of home cinema magazine doing an interview on the benifets of calibration .he will take you through the whole process and answer any questions you may have,spent a good 3 hours on my ZT.ok it's expensive but I spent £3800 on the TV another £200 on getting the best out of it is money well spent.

D

Deleted member 2457

How are you guys getting on with your TVs now? How good are you finding them?

D

Deleted member 2457

Adds88 said:
Im loving it :) the hobbit and promethues blows me away counting the days until steve calibrates my tv

Nice one! :cheers:

funster

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
This is my first post ever - and what a thread to make it in!

I find myself in virtually the same position. Needing a new, bigger screen to replace my trusty old 32" (yes, 32"!) Sony. Bigger house, bigger room, etc, etc, etc.

I was really drawn to the VT65 but just impossible to find now. Electrical Discount UK still appear to have ZT65s though and I am sorely tempted, but hesitating to push the button on what will be a £2500 splurge!

Luke - sounds like you're convinced you made the right decision instead of waiting for the AX900 (or as I was contemplating, the AX800)?

My big hang-up over 4k is given there's no broadcast content, and since that'll be what my missus in particular mostly watches, why would I go 4k? From the screens I've seen demo'd I've been a bit disappointed with the upscaling of 1080i broadcast content to 4k.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick yours up? The one thing I've heard as a slight negative is the fan noise. Has that been noticeable at all?

funster

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Tempting. Especially as it's from a Pana store, but... the 60" ZT65 is already pushing it size-wise. A 65" VT65 is not something I'll ever convince the missus about!

So, are you considering the 55-inch versions of AX800 / AX900? Bear in mind VT65 is exactly the same as ZT65, except for some small differences. Check my views on the ultimate shootout I attended 5 weeks ago:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/the-ultimate-shoot-out?page=3

funster

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Very useful reading. Thanks for posting that. I'll look through the whole of that thread a bit later.

If I didn't go for the ZT65, it would be a smaller screen, yes. When I was looking at the VT65 I was even down as far as the 50". For a 4k set probably 55" would be where I'd look - or thereabouts as I think the AX802 comes in a 58" variant? We're 3m+ away from the screen at viewing distance, so could theoretically go quite comfortably up to a 65", but - and it is a big but - there is a level of domestic bliss I need to maintain, and the 65" VT65 is about 10cm wider and taller than the 60" ZT65 from what I can make out on the Panasonic site. That might be a stretch too far even for me to convince the wife!

D

Deleted member 2457

TPS still have some plasmas left, I would go for the 55VT65 at £1800 - that's a bargain!

http://www.tps.uk.com/?tab_name=PANASONIC&tab_id=52

D

Deleted member 2457

If you really want the 50 inch here is stock:

http://www.andrewstvdirect.co.uk/Televisions-Essex/Plasma-Televisions/panasonic-50-smart-viera-plasma-tv-tx-p50vt65b.html

D

Deleted member 2457

Here is the 60zt65:

http://www.electricaldiscountuk.co.uk/store/p/tvblu-ray-homecinema/televisions/plasmatvs/Panasonic-TXP60ZT65B/?gclid=CK2L1LKdrL8CFeyWtAodcB8AlA

funster

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Ooh... now that it seriously tempting. Especially as the ZT65 appears to have had a £100 price increase at Electrical Discount UK, which is where I was looking at it earlier in the week from their Amazon site which included a five year warranty. £800 is a big difference between the 55VT65 and 60ZT65. Well, to me anyway!

Have never bought anything from TPS. Presumably a reputable retailer?

D

Deleted member 2457

If you are not local and can't buy Instore you will need to check what warranty you will get.

D

Deleted member 2457

funster said:
Ooh... now that it seriously tempting. Especially as the ZT65 appears to have had a £100 price increase at Electrical Discount UK, which is where I was looking at it earlier in the week from their Amazon site which included a five year warranty. £800 is a big difference between the 55VT65 and 60ZT65. Well, to me anyway!

Yep, TPS are on AV Forums all the time and supply them with TVs for reviews. Quite a few of us have bought 3D glasses from them.

funster

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Definitely not local as I'm in South Hampshire, but can get up there on Monday. Will give them a buzz tomorrow.

If I can get the 55VT65 on Monday I think this is a "done deal".

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
funster said:

Yep, TPS are on AV Forums all the time and supply them with TVs for reviews. Quite a few of us have bought 3D glasses from them.

TPS are a decent retailer in my (admittedly limited) experience, and the ZT is a cracking TV so well worth a punt. There may be some fan noise (seems to vary by unit) but likely no worse than you would get from running an old PS3.

D

Deleted member 2457

mr malarky said:
gel said:
funster said:

TPS are a decent retailer in my (admittedly limited) experience, and the ZT is a cracking TV so well worth a punt. There may be some fan noise (seems to vary by unit) but likely no worse than you would get from running an old PS3.

I think TPS are good at dealing with the fan noise with a fan fix, so if you get any problems ask them about it. The guy will know how you can get it fixed he is on the forums all the time.

D

Deleted member 2457

funster said:
Definitely not local as I'm in South Hampshire, but can get up there on Monday. Will give them a buzz tomorrow.

If I can get the 55VT65 on Monday I think this is a "done deal".

Nice one. Welcome to the club. :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts