Panasonic TXP60ZT65B now or wait for Panasonic AX900 4K TV

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Adds88 said:
cant up load them from my iphone :L

Load them to somewhere like flick-r first then just copy and paste, simples.
smiley-smile.gif

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Luke Kenobi said:
Is it too risky to watch three football matches a day straight out the box without going through the 200-250hour running in time to prevent image retention etc.. Likewise movies at 2:35:1 with black bars top and bottom.

Would love to know how I could get it professionally calibrated. But don't know where to start looking for such services. :?

Hi Luke,

if concerned about image retention, Panasonic have an option in their picture settings menu for "pixel orbiter", I can't remember whether or not this is set on by default, but this reduces the likeliness of image retention taking place.

Luke Kenobi

Jun 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your comments. Sony STR-DA1200ES, the front pre-outs are connected to a strereo amp ( not pictured ). Would love to consider replacing it with Anthem MXR 710. One step at a time eh!

T

theflyingwasp

Excellent setup! Looks superb! Why oh why couldn't they have given us the ZT in 65inch!!!!!

T

theflyingwasp

Very nice! Looks awesome! Just one thing what film is the screenshot from it's doing my head in lol :)

T

theflyingwasp

Oh yeah I forgot :) I was sure it was one of the star treks! Looks great .happy movie viewing there is nothing better on the planet!

Luke Kenobi

Jun 15, 2008
Visit site
Wow, the TV Remote 2 app is amazing.

Using the smart calibration feature to adjust picture settings is so useful because it doesn't bring up the on screen info panels which could help prevent image retention I guess.

You can easily store different presets and then instantly do an A/B , before/after comparisons.

Luke Kenobi

Jun 15, 2008
Visit site
I am very happy with the picture I've gotten so far even though I'm being more cautious about using a high contrast setting during the early run in.

I can only image it will get better over time ,

After 200-300hours I am looking to get a professional calibration done.

D

Deleted member 2457

Luke Kenobi said:
I am very happy with the picture I've gotten so far even though I'm being more cautious about using a high contrast setting during the early run in.

I can only image it will get better over time ,

After 200-300hours I am looking to get a professional calibration done.

:cheers:

T

theflyingwasp

Guys if you want temporary calibration settings go to the review of the zt65 on c-net.com the review of the tv is there plus the calibration settings .every panel is different but they may be an improvement on what you already have.or type in steven withers calibration settings see what pops up.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
Guys if you want temporary calibration settings go to the review of the zt65 on c-net.com the review of the tv is there plus the calibration settings .every panel is different but they may be an improvement on what you already have.or type in steven withers calibration settings see what pops up.

if you register your ZT's with Panasonic you should get an email with a link to a range of calibration settings you can download onto USB and then transfer into the TV. The settings were supplied by steve withers (AVForums reviewer and professional calibrator) I believe.

Adds88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Im using steven withers settings looks good to me thanks to flyingwasp:) and gel im most likely gonna get it calibrated in couple months

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I would suggest looking up Bumptious Settings on AVF. Thats guy really knows his stuff and he posted settings to get people going yonks ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts