Panasonic TXL37S10 vs Samsung LE37B550 - two Best Buys head to head on price

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have only managed to see the Panasonic which was very impressive with an HD source (didn't get to see it with SD) - haven't managed to see the Samsung yet. Most reviews positive on both and clearly the Samsung currently best value choice in What Hi-Fi - but have now found the Panasonic for £429.99 - pretty much same as the Samsung so the question is at roughly the same price which is the better TV and in particular which has the better picture.

At present don't have separate speakers for the TV so sound review on Samsung a concern though have seen other user reviews elsewhere saying it wasn't that bad or as bad as they expected and can rectify later with amp and speakers.

Having seen the Panasonic was leaning to that. On short viewing of HD didn't notice problems with the blacks but this could be a problem and still watch alot of SD so which TV will upscale best?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Penfold

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Ive seen the panny with freeview and it was on par with the b550. but I gues only complaint on the panny would some judder on hd and the b550 some blurr...colors on both are very good

A

Anonymous

Try getting TX37LG10 or G15. THis is next update of S10. Though based on the reviews B550 have better blacks, while S10 or G10(15) are supremely sharp on par with Philips. Basically comes down to your design preferences. Though 37 inch Panasonic are fitted with IPS-alpha panels giving very wide viewing angles, which are well beyond what Samsung can currently offer.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. I think the Panasonic is the way to go. Firstly, it stood out from a sea of other TV's for picture clarity when I forst spotted it or read any reviews and secondly the viewing angle is important because of our room layout and a fairly wide angle needs to be accomodated when the whole family is watching - the Panny seems to have it taped in that area

Thanks for all your advice

Penfold

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts