Panasonic TX-L47ET60B or LG 47LM670T LED?

keval_t

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

I am undecided between the above LEDs and would really appreciate any suggestions or advice.

The LG is last year's model and now discountinued (but still available), but had a good What HIfi review; The Panny is newer but has had decent but mixed reviews - and this year's Panny LEDs are using LG IPS panels anyway.

Anyone own or used either of these?

Budget is about £700-800 (I'm hoping the John Lewis exclusive version of the Panny will drop from 899). Unfortunately I can't stretch enough to buy a Samsung F7000, but I do like the fact that the Panny and LG are passive 3D and so more family friendly.

Any other sets highly recommeded at this price point? This set will eventually become the second TV, to be replaced by a 55" GT60 (or similar), but I need a set now to act as a main telly for the next 6 months or so.

I would be grateful for any advice

Thanks

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Just a note of caution, I have had two TX-L47ET61Bs from JL (second one arrived today and is being returned). The only difference between the 60B and 61B models is the stand. Both have suffered with very bad backlight leakage in the corners, and especially in the top right corner; the light bloom extending into the screen significantly. It makes viewing films with any dark scenes in low lighting and with the lights off a horrible experience it is so intrusive. Pictures in my post here (but it actually looks worse than in the pictures).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts