Upgrading LG BH9540 or not?

Mar 28, 2023
Visit site
I’m torn. I’ve had my LG BH9540 system for almost 10 years now and it’s great, it still packs a punch. But because I’ve had it for so long I don’t know if the new systems out there are better. I watch a lot of movies, and decent sound is pretty important to me.

I’m seriously considering the Q Acoustics 3050i 5.1 package (with a new AV receiver). The system has had some great reviews but my question is should I upgrade to it? Would it be an upgrade? Presumably up against an almost 10 year old system it would be?

This is why I’m torn. Do I want it, yes. Do I need it, I don’t know. Any help or convincing me either way would be much appreciated.

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
I’m torn. I’ve had my LG BH9540 system for almost 10 years now and it’s great, it still packs a punch. But because I’ve had it for so long I don’t know if the new systems out there are better. I watch a lot of movies, and decent sound is pretty important to me.

I’m seriously considering the Q Acoustics 3050i 5.1 package (with a new AV receiver). The system has had some great reviews but my question is should I upgrade to it? Would it be an upgrade? Presumably up against an almost 10 year old system it would be?

This is why I’m torn. Do I want it, yes. Do I need it, I don’t know. Any help or convincing me either way would be much appreciated.
Tech has changed so much in 10 years ,you only live once it will be good for the soul & sound better . I have some Q Acoustic blue toth speakers they are Brill !

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023
Visit site
You’re not wrong there! But I don’t want it if it won’t be a vast improvement. Would moving from a supposed 9.1 system to a 5.1 be a downgrade? It would be nice to have an AV receiver rather than the days gone by 3D blu ray player the LG comes with. Surely that would be an upgrade!

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
You’re not wrong there! But I don’t want it if it won’t be a vast improvement. Would moving from a supposed 9.1 system to a 5.1 be a downgrade? It would be nice to have an AV receiver rather than the days gone by 3D blu ray player the LG comes with. Surely that would be an upgrade!
Go and demo one in a store see what you think and dont forget too think about how much space you have in the room you plan too put it in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts