Panasonic TH50PX70PED or Samsung PS50Q97HDX ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all ,am after a 50 inch screen and have narrowed it down to these 2.Any of you own either of them and what's your opinions on them.Also are there any other's that you would recommend (similar price range) that maybe I have disregarded to soon.

Many thanks.

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Panasonic no other tv's come close, I use to think Sony but when my old Sony crt packed up I tried a Panasonic, never looked back I still have a Panasonic 28" widescreen crt its about 6yrs old now and the picture beats anything else I have seen, I am looking to upgrade to and will only buy Panasonic because I am very fussy and demand the best picture possible, just look at any tv buyers guide Panasonic always come top, just remember when you get it make sure you use good quailty cables to make sure you get the best from it.

A

Anonymous

I bought a Pan TH50PX70PED about 1 month ago.
It is superb - I use it with a DMR-EX88, upscaled input at 1080p, via a HDMI Ixos cable, the picture is great !!
I paid around £1100 for it - great VFM. (It is also o.k. with 24fps input as well).
You won't go far wrong with this TV.
Good Luck

A

Anonymous

best price I can find for the panny is £1158,seem a good deal?

A

Anonymous

Well, the Pioneer 8th gen are better screens than the Panasonic or the Samsung but they're a lot more expensive. I looked at all the current screen and went for the Samsung PS50Q97HDX because I thought it was the best performer at 50inches. So di What Hi-Fi only a few months back. I paid £1080 for my Samsung delivered and you can buy it now for £930 from Amazon or £952 from RGB Direct. And these prices include delivery.

You may like the Panasonic, but I actually think the Samsung is better and it's even better value.

The choice is yours but I assure you, that at these prices, you just can't lose. Pioneer are better, but for £2500 for a 50inch Kuro, I think I'd rather save my money. The difference just isn't 2.5 times.

A

Anonymous

The PS50Q97HDX without any question over the Panasonic. As for the Pioneer which the whol;e world seems to think is quite simply better than 'Butter'-I will reserve judgment on that here given my many rants, be they negative ones at that ( though mainly with regard to their overratedness and pricing).

You will not getter better vlaue for money than the Samsung and if you can honestly say that for another £1000+ you will be able to notice the difference in picture quality between the two, then hey! go and spend your money on the Pioneer. At least that way you can say you have the 'badge'.

Couple the Samsung TV with something along the lines that Harris & Krime have for DVD players and you will have made a very decent and rewarding purchase indeed and still save some £££ in the process.

A

Anonymous

I am now starting to swing slightly towards the samsung after reading reviews here and on other sites,and was just wondering what dvd player you would put with it (not spending the earth on it...lol! )

A

Anonymous

That's pretty simple. I'd put either a Marantz DV7001 standard def DVD player with it or a Toshiba HD-XE1 hi def HD-DVD player with it. The Tosh will do HD and DVD and would be my bet. You can buy it for £425 including delivery from PRC Direct which is also where I bought my Samsung.

That's what I'd do. What would you do?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts