Panasonic TH42PZ85B - John Lewis or prcdirect

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone got a view on this ??

John Lewis don't seem to be very forthcoming in price matching this TV with Sound and Vision for me - which is a bit strange?

I have seen that PRC DIrect (www.prcdirect.co.uk) have this TV for £1008 at present. This is with a free 5 year warranty if you buy it in store. Any reason why i shouldn't get it direct from these guys instead of JL and will this warranty effectively be the same? Has anyone had experience of PRCDirect?

A

Anonymous

Just in the process of sending off for my warranty on th 37px80 I bought today at Premier AV in Birmingham. It is a Panasonic warranty and I assume every bit as good as a JL one.

I too was messed around by a number of JL staff and decided to go this route instead.

Love the Panny and only need to record the serial number on a form, copy the receipt and send them off to get the warranty

Not bad and better than grovelling to JL,s unhelpful staff .... oh and I saved a couple of hundred quid aswell !!

A

Anonymous

Thanks AndyJohn

John what JL branch were you using out of interest? I'm in North London

A

Anonymous

I was in Cambridge for the weekend so rang them a couple of days beforehand but they were almost inert and said it would take up to a week !! Seemed very reluctant to help and I wasn't impressed. I used all my charm but even that didn't work

From what I read on the Pannasonic Warranty its parts and labour and potentially a replacement or loaned tv if required.

Good luck with JL though.

A

Anonymous

jl will only pricematch an actual store you can go in they will pricematch sound and vision [in bolton] current price is 1030 welwyn jl pricematched this at 1055 a few weeks ago for me, and can all be done over the phone will take a few days for a pmatch though

A

Anonymous

jl in bluewater matched my pz85b. Paid £1054 price matched with sound and vision. 5yr guarantee and free delivery included, had the set a week now and personally i love it and have no complaints .

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies - good stuff maybe i should try a bit harder with some other JL Branches....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts