Help me spend my John Lewis wedding vouchers!

PINK MOON

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi All,

I got married in October and I am contemplating spending some of the John Lewis wedding vouchers on a TV. I currently have a Panasonic G20 Plasma that I am still pretty happy about and would happily use it as the main TV for a few more years, however I fancy somthing bigger even though a few extra inches will make the Mrs scream,, We need a 2nd TV for the family room and nearly bought the Panasonic tx-l42e6B on Black Friday for £400 but missed out (turns out I saw this TV yesterday, the mother in law had bought it a few weeks ago and I would have been pretty damn happy with how good it looked on freeview HD for the money but its not to be)

I am a plasma fan, however JL has very little plasma screens still available. I would have an LCD and quite fancy the 55" SONY W905, however I know it has faults and the mrs would go nuts at the cost, nothing new there then. do I go for the 46" version? Do I just by a cheap 32" TV and keep my G20 as my main TV? Any sugestions?

Also how do I get John Lewis Edinburgh to Price match? I know the shop I am price matching with needs to have a store, however many of the online shops now are in-store only, and you dont get the same prices or deals with the warrenty. How do I ensure I get the best price?

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

You can price match against this shop:

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=43_51&sort=20a&page=3

Look at the price of the Sony 55W905 and you get a free Blu-ray player. You just fill in the online price match form.

First of all, congratulations on your wedding! :clap:

To help you with your questions:

1) What about Samsung 51F8500 plasma? The reviews have been pretty good.

http://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ps51f8500-plasma-hd-1080p-3d-smart-tv-51-quad-core-with-freeview-freesat-hd-and-voice-motion-control-with-2x-3d-glasses/p439148

If you're after LED lit LCD, also look at Samsung F8000 series.

You haven't mentioned the size of your G20.

2) You can submit price match request online, and they usually respond within 48 hours. One of the popular stores people submit price match request for, is Total Digital (www.totaldigital.biz). Also look at Richer Sounds prices.

PINK MOON

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
First of all, congratulations on your wedding! :clap: To help you with your questions: 1) What about Samsung 51F8500 plasma? The reviews have been pretty good. http://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ps51f8500-plasma-hd-1080p-3d-smart-tv-51-quad-core-with-freeview-freesat-hd-and-voice-motion-control-with-2x-3d-glasses/p439148 If you're after LED lit LCD, also look at Samsung F8000 series. You haven't mentioned the size of your G20. 2) You can submit price match request online, and they usually respond within 48 hours. One of the popular stores people submit price match request for, is Total Digital (www.totaldigital.biz). Also look at Richer Sounds prices.

Thanks,, I have lost the wedding ring already,, so I am unsure if I am still married,,,, That Samsung Plasma is out of stock at the moment. Will check out the Samsung LCD's. I am happy to wait for the January sales if I get a better bargain. The G20 is a 42".

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
What about Samsung 51F8500 plasma? The reviews have been pretty good.

I think that's an understatement. The reviews have been excellent; and perhaps more importantly, the F8500 seems more reliable than any plasma TV Panasonic has mass produced during the last three years.

I'm almost sold on pushing for a swap. (It's a tough call, though.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts