Panasonic TH-42PZ80 and 24FPS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Still trying to get my head around this old chesnut and really need some help, the Panasonic web site says the following:-

24p Playback/24p Real Cinema
When reproducing a 24p movie source, the 24p Real Cinema function generates smooth motion transition based on the original 24 frames. Models that do not include 24p Real Cinema are equipped with full 24p Playback support, which provides cinema-like images but with a higher refresh rate.

The PZ80 Full HD Series, with V-Real Pro 3 picture technology, also features 100Hz Double Scan to ensure beautiful, flicker-less on-screen motion and extra wide colour gamut with x.v.Colour, which produces richer, more vivid colouring from x.v.Colour signals¹ It also comes with three HDMI ports to connect all your AV equipment, such as a Blu-ray disc player, DVD recorder and camcorders with 24p playback. The PZ80 Series will be introduced in April, May and June.

Sorry to bring this 24FPS up again but i read on the forum 2 months ago that the PZ80 shows 24 FPS correctly, the above makes no mention of `24 true cinema` which i understand is Panasonics idea of 3:3 or 4:4 pulldown ie judder free playback.

Can someone tell me if the PZ80 will judder like my PZ70 ie 3:2 pulldown or will play 24FPS information from a Blu Ray correctly i am struggling with this even after Clare`s extensive answers because the info above from the web site offers no clarity.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

[quote user="enverity1"]

Can someone tell me if the PZ80 will judder like my PZ70 ie 3:2 pulldown or will play 24FPS information from a Blu Ray correctly i am struggling with this even after Clare`s extensive answers because the info above from the web site offers no clarity.Thanks[/quote]

Check out the reviews of the PX80, which is similar in 24fps playback. It is judder free.

A

Anonymous

It definately supports 24p native playback. The difference between 24p and 24p 'Real Cinema' is that this feature uses a different frame rate to supposedly produce an even smoother picture. Nearly all PZ85 owners who I seen report on this feature keep it off so for the best part it is pointless. The whole 2008 plasma range support 24p native playback so nothing for you to worry about.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks, think i will go with the 80 and save some hard earned

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts