Latest WTHF 50" Supertest : Panasonic TX-P50V20B review FACT OR FICTION??

StanleyAV

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I see there are a number of glowing reports for the V20 series on the web, and now in your magazine.

It's very annoying that they bear very little relation to many owner's actual experience of the product. Many owner's experience as described on AVFORUMS.COM is far from praiseworthy of this model.

There are reports of bad posterisation, poor motion, poor audio, loud buzzing, greyscale/contouring issues .

I am on my 2nd 42" V20B and still have issues of this nature : motion is handled poorly : people/backgrounds will break out into bad red/green posterisation, I get purple/green striping across background areas where colour shading is attempted. It is hard to find a sequence in the BBC HD preview that isn't affected! I feel I have a very expensive lemon in my lounge!![8o|]

My first sample of the V20B was even worse, the merest hint of motion and the TV was on it's knees![:O] Breaking out into red/green posterising readily.

I am not alone in this, I am hearing reports of a high number of returns to Dixons, particularly with respect to what they call oily faces! The red/green devils this TV produces.

YOU may have got hold of a good sample, but then yours was supplied especially for review by Panasonic[:mad:]. Some people have been lucky and have ones that work correctly, BUT there would appear to be whole batches of substandard ones out there.

When I reported my problems to Panasonic, at first they told me they were investigating but when I supplied further detail, they told me there is nothing wrong with their product and I should buy another manufacturer's product instead with a refund that they would be glad to organise! [:O]

Hardly taking ownership of the very real problems that exist out there, they come across with a big holier than thou attitude : you are the complaining customer, it is you who is at fault![:mad:]

I have had a service engineer from a local Panasonic retailer/service centre examine the first one. These problems are very real when they occur. It is unforgiveable that a reputable manufacturer such as Panasonic wishes to disown the problems and frustrate their customers!!!

It just underlines the point that ALL reviews should be taken with a pinch of salt : the supplied product MAY NOT be a representative sample of the goods you wish to purchase.

After seeing mine in the flesh, my dad's prospective purchase of a 50" V20 is cancelled. What a surprise![:p]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts