Panasonic Plasma Dead - HELP!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I turned my Panasonic TH-37PX80B Plasma on tonight and all I get is the green light flashing away, then it clicks like its going into standby but then starts flashing again.

I don't get the red light light flashing at all like all the other problems I've found when searching for the problem.

The screen starts working as you can noticably see it light up slightly but it stays black.

Any ideas anybody? It's almost 4 years old now so probably well out of warranty.

franklin2829

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Depending on when/where you got it from that model should have come with a 5 year warranty. Panasonic technical/service should be able to help.

Chris

A

Anonymous

I got it in May 2008 from Comet. I've found the receipt and all the info out of the box and there's no mention of a 5 year warranty. Will give Panny a call and see what they say.

Fingers crossed.

A

Anonymous

I had one of those and i got it at roughly the same time as you did. I got a 5 year guarantee with mine but got it from Sevenoaks. Brilliant tv I might add with a better dvd picture and SD picture than the new Panny plasma range imo. I hope you can get it fixed under warranty.

A

Anonymous

The free Panasonic 5 year warranty has never been available via Comet, Currys etc. They buy from the tv manufacturers at a lower price without extended warranties so that they can charge their customers extra for their own.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm, doesn't sound promising then. :cry:

I'll see what Panasonic say, I've sent support an email over the weekend, if they don't reply soon I'll give them a ring.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If Panasonic don't give a 5 year warranty under consumer law an item should last a reasonable amount of time, a TV should last more than 4 years. This responsibility falls down to the retailer, so if you get no joy from Panasonic go back to Comet. Have a read up on your rights before you go, they should repair or replace the TV at no cost to you.

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Does the LED blink in a sequence?

If it is 7 times then the power supply has died, if it is 10 then it is the video driver board.

Sorry, I cannot remember the other codes...

A

Anonymous

It's the green light blinking really really fast. Too quick to count but at a guess I'd say it does it about 20-30 times before it restarts!

Panasonic have come back saying it is a 'previously reported phenomenon' and is 'currently under investigation'. So whatever that means?! haha!

I will indeed try Comet if Panasonic are reluctant to help. |(

2 weeks now without a TV, think I may have to borrow one as I think my Sky+ box is probably full! :wall:

A

Anonymous

Just to let you all know - Panasonic are still mincing for England on this, they say technical are still looking into it!!

How about they send someone out to look at the actual TV and problem... surely it's not something they can replicate in house?

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
eggontoast said:
If Panasonic don't give a 5 year warranty under consumer law an item should last a reasonable amount of time, a TV should last more than 4 years. This responsibility falls down to the retailer, so if you get no joy from Panasonic go back to Comet. Have a read up on your rights before you go, they should repair or replace the TV at no cost to you.

True to an extent, if it's faulty. But the retailer would be well within their rights to ask the customer to demonstrate, by means of a report or similar, why this is the case.

Unfortunately, just having a TV that's not working isn't enough for it to be universally accepted as faulty. It's all the more difficult when it's one of the high st multiples.

And the options available to the retailer are repair, replace or refund (full or partial). For a four year-old TV I'd think it's more likely that they'd go the compensation route, or a discount off a new set. But y'never know!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts