Panasonic Kuro the VT20/V20 plasmas

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
the Pioneer Kuro stopped making them around 2012 due to costs it is as simple as that Panasonic tried selling both PLASMA and LCD together it got very confusing in the shops with model number the last 50 i saw in Richer sounds they smashed the price in half almost simply to get rid of them . But replaced by a poorer TV in my view PIONEER went almost broke and Samsung did not sell them for long ( i had one of these 50 inch 2006 ) It was all about costs . Imagine a 4th generation one now ? or even a 5th they would knock the spots off the QLED . real motion 200 hz full blacks too. but could only be for the middle and top end markets
I think you mean knock the spots of OLED not QLED there. (y) OLED is better than QLED but not by much in some models.

Pioneer was going to adopt Panasonic glass in the 10th gen Pioneer Kuros too:

Last edited:

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Yes, although interestingly, the Kuro hasn't suffered screen burn all these years.
Excellent. I only spotted on my dad’s Pioneer 427xd plasma had screen burn from Sky Sports news through gaming on it. Up until then I was oblivious.

So then BB you have had the best of Pioneer plasma and the best of Panasonic plasma which would you say is best?

Reactions: bigboss

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Difficult to say because I viewed them in different houses and at different times.
Same here when I had the Panasonic 50VT65 plasma I didn’t use YouTube then, but a lot of my now demo material is taken from YouTube. I would say that has not been much difference between the TVs I have owned though.

TRENDING THREADS