Panasonic DMP-BD35 upscaling and other functions, can you help?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear Wise One's
emotion-15.gif

I am considering buying the above blu ray player, but want to clarify a few points about its functions before I buy.
emotion-21.gif

Firstly, a couple of general points. Reviews often state TV's like mine (Pana 37PX80) can support 24fps. However, are there any disadvantages playing via my TV/loss of picture quality on a non 1080p?

Secondly, I have a sizeable number of DVD and due to limited space wish to buy a combined bluray with upscaler. In spite of the Whathifi review, I have heard mixed comments about quality of the BD35 player’s upscaling quality. Having never had an upscaler, is there a marked difference between it’s performance and other blu ray players? And how does the upscale picture compare to many stand alone DVD upscalers?
emotion-53.gif

Finally, I have yet to own a home cinema set (may consider the Yamaha YSP-600 to save space?) but I have also heard that the player does not support all sound formats. It supports Dolby Digital and DTS but only internally decodes others like Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby HF formats.
emotion-13.gif

What does this mean and is there really a significant and noticeable difference when hearing these sounds?? Is this connected to the fact that it only supports 7.1 and not 5.1?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Since space is an issue, I don't suppose there are yet any blu ray/home cinema's available which also substitute well as a great CD player?
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

Well I have the BD30 it bitstreams all formats DD TrueHD Master Audio PCM the whole lot. As for upscaling I put my DVD of Gladiator wow its was just like HD I speak as I find and I find my BD 30 for the money £180 a bargin. So I would think the BD35 is just as good or better. It must support 5.1 as that is the norm 7.1 film sound tracks are like Rocking horse S--t

A

Anonymous

Thanks - any more views out there or feedback on my other questions??
emotion-16.gif

Ta

A

Anonymous

1. My TV is only an HD Ready and the Pana BD35 produces unbelievably outstanding pictures.

2. Prior to purchasing the Pana BD35, I had a Pioneer DCS363 Home Cinema system with a DVD player that upscaled to 1080i. This was very good and the Pana BD35 is about 90% there in terms of upscaling regular DVD's - no complaints.

3. The Pana BD35 will decode all formats, including Tru-HD & Master Audio HD.

4. HD sound is far superior to the many regular formats that we have been accustomed to for years. You will hear the difference.

5. A great CD player? No.

A

Anonymous

I've compromised in the same way you intend to. DVD and blu ray obviously are very good. CD ok - but not as bad as you might think.

It much depends on your avr- mine is the denon 2309 and it does all the work which the pana can't do on its own.

But when playing blu rays , make sure that you hit the right audio button on the pana remote otherwise the True HD sound which is immersive won't work . There are lots of threads on this.

Lastly get a good set of surround speakers. But be prepared to spend from scratch at least 1500 on the whole set up; blu ray , reciever, speakers, stands and cable to give you something that will make you smile for movies and not wince for music.

Denon 2309/ pana bd 35/ B and W 685 theatre/ teac DHR 300 / QED silver anniversary/ soundstyle z 2's

murg

May 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Valian.
I have the bd35 and am having real trouble playing divx discs. Phoned Panasonic and they said it wasnt the first time they had dealt with this problem. Any problems yourself??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts