Overrated.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Whilst ripping some cd's, a Led Zeppelin one (2) appeared at the top of my pile. It got me thinking about artists who i think are overrated.

I've tried listening to them loads over the years but i never seem to "get" them.

So i came up with 3 Artists / Groups who i think are not as good as people say.

1. Led Zep

2. Jimi Hendrix

3. R.E.M.

The Rolling Stones just missed out, as did U2, Coldplay & Radiohead.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Oooo this one'll run and run (and somebody'll get banned).

1. Radiohead
2. Coldplay
3. The Beatles

JD. 1 and 3 outrageous comment!!!!!!

I would go:

1. The Rolling Stones (apart from Sympathy For The Devil)
2. Coldplay
3. The Beach Boys

Of course I would say Elvis if it was artists and not bands.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site

1. Radiohead
2. Coldplay
3. The Beatles

And that somebody will be me if anyone else has anything else disparaging to say about Stipe n co, awight? Shiny happy people was a mere glitch, as were the 1st 3 albums.

Think on. You know it makes sense.

Agree with all other selections tho. especially the beatles. tho radiohead have had their good moments.

Anyone heard bout coldplay being accused of plagiarism by joe satriani? put a big silly grin on me face for some reason. i guess im easily amused.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I was listening to Five Live this afternoon and was it was interesting hearing that Coldplay are being sued by rock guitarist Joe Satriani, who claims Viva La Vida uses one of his riffs. They played both songs and I'm inclined to agree with him.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I like all three of these bands and own their records but I still agree with John they are all overrated. I also think Elvis was vastly overrated.

1. Radiohead
2. Coldplay
3. The Beatles

A

Anonymous

I don't believe any band/artist ÿare overrated. People buy and listen and like what they like. It's all personal choice.

ÿ

If i have to say 3 I personally don't understand why the intense popularity tho...

ÿ

1.Jeff Buckley. Good voice, rubbish songs apart from the covers... IMO

2.Almost any "girl-power" type act, or indeed "boyband" boyzone, take that, girls aloud... all unlistenable to me apart from the occaisional song

3. Robbie WIlliams. An idiot with no unique talent aprt from being a stroppy, annoying whinger. "Angels" was good tho.

ÿ

ÿ

How the Beatles can be uttered here is beyond me. They have influenced music more than any band ever, or will ever.ÿ

ÿ

John Duncan

pudley:
I don't believe any band/artist ÿare overrated. People buy and listen and like what they like. It's all personal choice.

ÿ

If i have to say 3 I personally don't understand why the intense popularity tho...

ÿ

1.Jeff Buckley. Good voice, rubbish songs apart from the covers... IMO

2.Almost any "girl-power" type act, or indeed "boyband" boyzone, take that, girls aloud... all unlistenable to me apart from the occaisional song

3. Robbie WIlliams. An idiot with no unique talent aprt from being a stroppy, annoying whinger. "Angels" was good tho.

ÿ

ÿ

How the Beatles can be uttered here is beyond me. They have influenced music more than any band ever, or will ever.ÿ

ÿ

Yeah but that's the way he worded it - how you don't really 'get' how other people can like them so much. And so it is with The Beatles for me. I didn't say they were rubbish. Though I could start a thread on that.......

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
pudley:How the Beatles can be uttered here is beyond me. They have influenced music more than any band ever, or will ever.

they were still rubbish ;)

I dont think the only good buckley stuff was his covers, but i do see your point - there's a lot o rubbish there. mind, so much has been released that he has had no choice in since his death.

He must be proud of his mam.

Ahem.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
by the by, being as i know you're watching, ill repeat what i said in another thread the other day - to whom it may concern, i lost all me email contacts in a big crash a few days ago. just so you know.

John Duncan

al7478:by the by, being as i know you're watching, ill repeat what i said in another thread the other day - to whom it may concern, i lost all me email contacts in a big crash a few days ago. just so you know.

Al, look, it's not you, it's me. But it's over. I'm sorry. Now stop sending me all that 'stuff'.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:al7478:by the by, being as i know you're watching, ill repeat what i said in another thread the other day - to whom it may concern, i lost all me email contacts in a big crash a few days ago. just so you know.

Al, look, it's not you, it's me. But it's over. I'm sorry. Now stop sending me all that 'stuff'.

I'm sorry. But a boy gets lonely and bored, what with your other life(s). I mean, betweeb your family, hifi and guitar, i hardly get a look in. I've got to grab your attention somehow.

Still, maybe its better this way. Blub.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone really rate him though? Certainly no audiophiles I know so I assumed he didn't count...and yes he's all the things that you said about him. But also Chris Martin is starting to annoy me for preaching to us all about how we should live our lives. I actually used to know him - he lived in the same Halls of Residence as me at University.

pudley:

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
al7478:JohnDuncan:Oooo this one'll run and run (and somebody'll get banned).

1. Radiohead
2. Coldplay
3. The Beatles

And that somebody will be me if anyone else has anything else disparaging to say about Stipe n co, awight? Shiny happy people was a mere glitch, as were the 1st 3 albums.

Agree with all other selections tho. especially the beatles. tho radiohead have had their good moments.

Anyone heard bout coldplay being accused of plagiarism by joe satriani? put a big silly grin on me face for some reason. i guess im easily amused.

Gaah1 - the first 3 REM albums are the best ones!!!!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Drummerdave:al7478:JohnDuncan:Oooo this one'll run and run (and somebody'll get banned).

1. Radiohead
2. Coldplay
3. The Beatles

Gaah1 - the first 3 REM albums are the best ones!!!!

Well at least you like 'em.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Drummerdave:1. Radiohead
2. Kings of Leon
3. Coldplay

All kak

radiohead!!!!!!!!!!!!!! right, outside now!!
emotion-12.gif

1: any jazz

2: any jazz

3: opeth

i expect no.3 could get me sent to bed early by big chris!
emotion-8.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Certainly in recent overhyped rating (all of these are Grammy nominees, for gawdsakes!!!!!)

Duffy

Adele

Arcade Fire

Will anyone be playing any of these three in 20 (or even 10) years time?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts