Artist Suggestions Please

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Witterings

Yep, I like that track too :)

How about Black Sabbath :LOL:

Are you a Tidal user?
If so, they have this playlist called Rock Britannia that I find very good, a good mix of well established bands/artis with newer/lesser known ones

No unfortunately not ,,,, I use Amazon but may switch to Qobuz at some stage but cheers for the suggestion anayway.

Reactions: GroeneLeeuw

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Stumbled across Lindsay Ell today .... like a lot of her music, worth a listen for anyone looking for something else.
If you’re into modern country, a few of my favourites- they’re more indie/trad rather than the high production of Lindsay Ell, but worth checking out. Also, Jenny Lewis & First Aid Kit from my previous list have strong country influences.

View: https://youtu.be/YPNFSXjVH_o

View: https://youtu.be/GxQ9HS7Ao1I

View: https://youtu.be/q9ZizQkou3Y

View: https://youtu.be/KjY9mg7Ymx4

Reactions: Witterings

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
I'll check them out John but as for Gong, no, just no, I'd have to be on an illicit substance of some kind to play any of their tracks :)
🤣🤣🤣 Gong. Yes, yes and yes again. Best band ever.
As for the Doors, I'm really surprised you've not heard them. Absolutely nothing like Gong though. I reckon, there's a good chance you may well enjoy listening to them.

WayneKerr

🤣🤣🤣 Gong. Yes, yes and yes again. Best band ever.
As for the Doors, I'm really surprised you've not heard them. Absolutely nothing like Gong though. I reckon, there's a good chance you may well enjoy listening to them.
Just refreshed my memory, yep, know some Doors tracks(y) As for Gong, no way John, just not my kind of music at all. I'm more Pop - Soul, Philly, Disco, Funk, R&B, Electronica. The only similarity we have is I don't mind a little classical.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
No, but didn't she have a fling with Russell Brand?
That might be what she's referring to....allegedly.
No, nothing to do with Russell Brand.
This was an explicit admission with no equivocality whatsoever as was the case with Bob Dylan's admission to another television interviewer over a decade ago.
Obviously the media will not show you this stuff, but it's been 'out there' for years. She was completely open about it.
Is it not becoming obvious that the God of the New Age is and will be Lucifer?

Last edited:

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Just refreshed my memory, yep, know some Doors tracks(y) As for Gong, no way John, just not my kind of music at all. I'm more Pop - Soul, Philly, Disco, Funk, R&B, Electronica. The only similarity we have is I don't mind a little classical.
Just joking Doug, about Gong that is. I know most folks aren't crazy like me. I've only been listening to classical music lately for a few months now. I find it very awe inspiring, certain composers and renditions and recordings I mean.

Reactions: WayneKerr

WayneKerr

Just joking Doug, about Gong that is. I know most folks aren't crazy like me. I've only been listening to classical music lately for a few months now. I find it very awe inspiring, certain composers and renditions and recordings I mean.
You're not crazy John, but you must be smoking something when you spin some Gong :)

Reactions: Gray

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
You're not crazy John, but you must be smoking something when you spin some Gong :)
🤣🤣🤣 Just tobacco, I swear. That's the God's honest truth. If one is able to listen and get used to them, they did actually have a very high level of musicianship and technical proficiency individually and as a band. Daevid Allen the driving force of the band was in my opinion a very good singer and songwriter too.
But they're either a love 'em or not band or an acquired taste, or both of those things.
:)

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts