Outdoor active speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I`m looking for a pair of 2.0 or 2.1 active outdoor all weather speakers, from reputable companies. The only speakers I could find are the JBL Control 2.4G AW. Any one has experience on these speakers.

Can anyone recommand me any better speakers? I`m looking for a good quality pair for those quiet summer nights....

Thanks,

Kevin.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Just curious why they have to be active? Most outdoor speakers are standard passive from the fact its trickier to protect against the elements for an amplifier (and you have the issue of running power to an active system rather than just speaker cables).

If you are flexible, Speakercraft just released an impressive new Ruckus range of outdoor speakers which are passive but can be doubled up with a suitable indoor amplifier connected (and should sound more impressive!)

A

Anonymous

Hello Audio affair,

thanks for your reply. Going active means I have to take out all the guesswork of amp/speaker matching, and also I think it will be more conomical, and easier. Maybe I should consider a Pair of passive speakers and an amp then... but then again, why do a lot of outdoor active subwoofers exist, if it is tricky to protect against elements for an amplifier?

Thanks!

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
You should get ample bass from 2 or 4 good outdoor speakers. What is the size of the outdoor area? I'd suggest trying a combination of these with a simple amp set-up and add subwoofer if needed. It's trickier to create bass outdoors in a non enclosed space but the new Speakercraft Ruckus subwoofer system is very impressive. All things considered, passive outdoor speakers are usually a better idea as you don't have the need to run power, protect a mains power driven element and run cables from a source to the active part.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts