OPPO DVD Players have built in AUDIO DELAY

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I just set the audio delay on my receiver. I think that the hdmi 1.3a gives you automatic lip sync. I very much doubt that the players you mention would do that on their own. I have never even heard of Oppo before.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]I just set the audio delay on my receiver. I think that the hdmi 1.3a gives you automatic lip sync. I very much doubt that the players you mention would do that on their own. I have never even heard of Oppo before.[/quote]

Hi Appreciate what you are saying, and yes you can do this through an AV receiver like your SONY or one of the DENON AVR's. However, it' appears to be an uncommon feature in DVD Players themselves and bearing in mind I don't want an AVR and like to hear through my analogue Stereo amp mainly for quality clear dialogue the fact that the OPPO appears to fit the bill does somewhat appeal, but then again some would argue if I already have a DENON DVD 1940 I might as well now just but an AVR .

OPPO are based in California USA-Here's and email I received earlier this evening from them:

The DV-980H has a built in Delay which can be applied to the player up to 100ms at 10ms intervals. This should allow you to compensate for any audio delay errors you may be experiencing on your display.

The audio delay allows you to postpone the audio to match the video. That is, if you find that your audio is occurring before the video, you can increase the audio delay to resynchronize the video and audio.

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
2629B Terminal Blvd.
Mountain View, CA 94043

On the DENON there is a facility to allow you to speed up or slow down the picture to match the Lip Sync where as it appears on the OPPO it's the other way around which makes more sense. Why therefore DENON have this feature at all on the DVD 1940 is a complete mystery to me-Who wants to see a speeded up or slowed down pfs-Quite stupid and ill thought!

TRENDING THREADS