Oppo BDP-93EU - Official European player??

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Sexy looking machine, but.....

Its says it does network streaming, does anyone know if this is wireless only or via ethernet on the back, and if there is ethernet for this, does anyone have the specs as to say if its a 10/100 connection or a gig connection?

Churs

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
canada16:

Its says it does network streaming, does anyone know if this is wireless only or via ethernet on the back, and if there is ethernet for this, does anyone have the specs as to say if its a 10/100 connection or a gig connection?

Churs

[*]Wireless & Ethernet - Using the included wireless-N adapter or the built-in RJ45 Ethernet port, users will be able to interact with BD-Live content, watch instant streaming programs from provides such as Netflix, Blockbuster etc., playback contents stored on their home network, and keep the BDP-93 up-to-date with firmware releases to ensure maximum Blu-ray compatibility.

That is the 93. I doubt the 93 EU would be different but you would want to double check before purchase.

A

Anonymous

I know a N wireless will not stream HD well true HD anyway.

I have a AC RYAN but it only has a 10/100 LAN, and was just wondering if this LAN connection was gigbit.

Specs done say, your right, might have to wait for further dets

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
haha sorry Andrew fair dues

Come on Mr Andrew Everard get your credit card out
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:Why on earth would I want to do that?

If you did not have yours Andrew and you had a choice between this and the Cambridge one, which one would you buy?

Cheers

skr1

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Oh I'd definitely buy the one I haven't even seen, let alone having any idea how it performs.
Do you still have the 83 Andrew? I seem to recall that you did have one.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
skr1:Do you still have the 83 Andrew? I seem to recall that you did have one.

I had an 831, not an 83: I think it's still around somewhere. Will have to have a hunt around in the New Year.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

skr1:Do you still have the 83 Andrew? I seem to recall that you did have one.

I had an 831, not an 83: I think it's still around somewhere. Will have to have a hunt around in the New Year.

What do you have as your main one now then?

Cheers

Cambridge by any chance?

skr1

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
My 83 is still user friendly. Interest will focus on the review of the 93EU.

I don't expect the same reaction as we had before on the forums.

Still you never know.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

gel:Cambridge by any chance?

By all kinds of chances, yes.

Cheers mate
emotion-21.gif
and good luck with your holiday plans hope it all goes well.
emotion-21.gif

Northutsire

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
hammill:canada16:

Churs

[*]Wireless & Ethernet - Using the included wireless-N adapter or the built-in RJ45 Ethernet port, users will be able to interact with BD-Live content, watch instant streaming programs from provides such as Netflix, Blockbuster etc., playback contents stored on their home network, and keep the BDP-93 up-to-date with firmware releases to ensure maximum Blu-ray compatibility.

That is the 93. I doubt the 93 EU would be different but you would want to double check before purchase.

Hmm, it says on the web page:

Streaming Ready - Streaming services may [my italics] be enabled in a later firmware revision.

I read that as 'it doesn't stream, nor might it ever'. Apologies for my cynicism in this festive season.

A

Anonymous

v1c:

Thanks some specification detail available now as well... Oppo 95.

I wondered if Ideal AV had any news on it's UK availability.

I take it this is the same ideal AV in the UK ?

yes it is the same one and only
emotion-21.gif

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
albriscoe:v1c:

Thanks some specification detail available now as well... Oppo 95.

I wondered if Ideal AV had any news on it's UK availability.

I take it this is the same ideal AV in the UK ?

yes it is the same one and only
emotion-5.gif

not allowed to say anything as yet but what this space, probably later on in the year though

good choice of speakers btw
emotion-21.gif

Thanks for the info will keep a lookout.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts