Oppo 4K Date and Apparent Specs Reveal

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Found this from an Australian retailer - pre-orders for 15th December release plus spec release:

PRE-ORDER NOW FOR DELIVERY AFTER 15 DECEMBER
The new OPPO UDP-203 player picks up where the BDP-10x series left off, by combining OPPO's renowned design with the jaw-dropping clarity of Ultra-HD 4K disc content. OPPO has come into the 4K market with their trademark quality, but with a highly competitive RRP of $949 (AUD).

The UDP-203 will support HDMI 2.0a with HDCP2.2 to deliver a stunning 4K picture with High Dynamic Range colour. The unit also boasts an audio-only HDMI 1.4 port to ensure backwards compatibility with older AV receivers. The on-board HDMI 2.0 input also allows you to pass other native 4K sources through the OPPO player.

With a premium 8-channel 32-bit DAC from AKM, the player can serve up PCM, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC and WAV audio up to 384kHz/32-bit, multi-channel DSD64/128 and even two-channel DSD256. The player also supports Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for a fully immersive experience.

Redesigned from the ground up, the OPPO UDP-203 delivers on looks both inside and out. With a black brushed-aluminium front panel and rack-mountable chassis (rack mounts not included), the UDP-203 is an irrefutability serious piece of hardware. Streaming of your local media is supported better than ever before, with a new-look interface that’s simple and easy to use while offering the power and flexibility OPPO players are famous for.
Key features:
  • SoC (System on Chip) UHD Blu-ray decoder
  • AKM 8-channel, 32-bit DAC
  • Built-in dual-band Wi-Fi
  • Gigabit ethernet
  • Two-channel DSD256 and multi-channel DSD64/128 support
  • UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray (2D & 3D), DVD, DVD-Audio, SACD, CD and AVCHD disc playback
  • Supports HDR and HDR-to-SDR conversion
  • DLNA/SMB media streaming
Audio OutputsAnalogue - 2 ChannelNoneAnalogue - Multi-channel7.1Audio & Video OutputsHDMI2.0ControlIP ControlNoIR Remote ControlYesRS232YesNetworkingAccess To Streaming ServicesNoEthernetYesWi-Fi Adaptor IncludedNoWi-Fi Native SupportYesSupported Disc FormatsBD-VideoYesBlu-Ray 3DYesUHD Blu-rayYesBD-R/REYesDVD-AudioYesDVD±R DLYesDVD±R/RWYesDVD-VideoYesCDYesCD-R/RWYesHDCDYesKodak Picture CDYesSACDYesEnvironmentalPower ConsumptionNone WPower Consumption (Standby)None WPower Supply

http://www.mirandahifi.com/collections/frontpage/products/oppo-udp-203-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player

D

Deleted member 2457

Alsone said:
Found this from an Australian retailer - pre-orders for 15th December release plus spec release:

PRE-ORDER NOW FOR DELIVERY AFTER 15 DECEMBER

The new OPPO UDP-203 player picks up where the BDP-10x series left off, by combining OPPO's renowned design with the jaw-dropping clarity of Ultra-HD 4K disc content. OPPO has come into the 4K market with their trademark quality, but with a highly competitive RRP of $949 (AUD).

The UDP-203 will support HDMI 2.0a with HDCP2.2 to deliver a stunning 4K picture with High Dynamic Range colour. The unit also boasts an audio-only HDMI 1.4 port to ensure backwards compatibility with older AV receivers. The on-board HDMI 2.0 input also allows you to pass other native 4K sources through the OPPO player.

With a premium 8-channel 32-bit DAC from AKM, the player can serve up PCM, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC and WAV audio up to 384kHz/32-bit, multi-channel DSD64/128 and even two-channel DSD256. The player also supports Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for a fully immersive experience.

Redesigned from the ground up, the OPPO UDP-203 delivers on looks both inside and out. With a black brushed-aluminium front panel and rack-mountable chassis (rack mounts not included), the UDP-203 is an irrefutability serious piece of hardware. Streaming of your local media is supported better than ever before, with a new-look interface that’s simple and easy to use while offering the power and flexibility OPPO players are famous for.

Key features:
  • SoC (System on Chip) UHD Blu-ray decoder
  • AKM 8-channel, 32-bit DAC
  • Built-in dual-band Wi-Fi
  • Gigabit ethernet
  • Two-channel DSD256 and multi-channel DSD64/128 support
  • UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray (2D & 3D), DVD, DVD-Audio, SACD, CD and AVCHD disc playback
  • Supports HDR and HDR-to-SDR conversion
  • DLNA/SMB media streaming
Audio Outputs Analogue - 2 Channel None Analogue - Multi-channel 7.1 Audio & Video Outputs HDMI 2.0 Control IP Control No IR Remote Control Yes RS232 Yes Networking Access To Streaming Services No Ethernet Yes Wi-Fi Adaptor Included No Wi-Fi Native Support Yes Supported Disc Formats BD-Video Yes Blu-Ray 3D Yes UHD Blu-ray Yes BD-R/RE Yes DVD-Audio Yes DVD±R DL Yes DVD±R/RW Yes DVD-Video Yes CD Yes CD-R/RW Yes HDCD Yes Kodak Picture CD Yes SACD Yes Environmental Power Consumption None W Power Consumption (Standby) None W Power Supply

http://www.mirandahifi.com/collections/frontpage/products/oppo-udp-203-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player
Cheers!
thumbs_up.gif

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
And will there be enough 4K Blu-Rays worth watching by then?

BTW the Panasonic UHD BDP is now selling for US$600 plus tax here. In Texas that means about US$616 out the door, or about 16 million Quid post Brexit referendum.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
The reported UK price I saw somewhere was £599 at launch and there's been several stores taking advance orders.

I'd imagine, after Christmas there might be a small price drop in the January sales or post pre-order sales. However, UK wise, that appears to be the ball park figure. Given the trade show reports suggest it's a fast player, for me it's worth every penny on that alone compared to the Panny offerings as there's nothing worse than a player that takes several minutes to load.

I'm guessing the retailer's website above, either broke the embargo as there's been no official announcement I've seen and I'm on the OPPO update mailing list, assuming everything posted is accurate of course or it got waived to allow the spec to be released for Austrtalian pre-orders.

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I called a dealer in the UK today to try and find out more and it was a case of leave you name on the list and they will call you when they have them they also said that should sell for £599.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Alsone said:
I'd imagine, after Christmas there might be a small price drop in the January sales or post pre-order sales.

Oppo don't do price drops.

Who said anything about Oppo?

It's quite likely that retailers will knock something off in the New Year Sales, and even if they don't then as waiting lists are satisfied and demand slows, the competiitive nature of electronics means some retailers will start to discount. It's more or less inevitable.

There's also the factor in the longer term, that the competition will no doubt bring out competing products and the price of 4K Blu Ray players will drop in any event. I remember DVD when it 1st came out, around £400 (probably around todays prices when adjusted for inflation), from memory, and now you can buy a cheap DVD player for £20 and a good one for around £100.

Alsone said:
jjbomber said:
Alsone said:
I'd imagine, after Christmas there might be a small price drop in the January sales or post pre-order sales.

Oppo don't do price drops. 

Who said anything about Oppo?
Errr.....this thread is about the Oppo and you haven't specified anything in your post, to suggest you mean other players. How are we supposed to know what you mean? *SCRATCH*

Alsone said:
The reported UK price I saw somewhere was £599 at launch and there's been several stores taking advance orders.

I'd imagine, after Christmas there might be a small price drop in the January sales or post pre-order sales. However, UK wise, that appears to be the ball park figure. Given the trade show reports suggest it's a fast player, for me it's worth every penny on that alone compared to the Panny offerings as there's nothing worse than a player that takes several minutes to load.

I'm guessing the retailer's website above, either broke the embargo as there's been no official announcement I've seen and I'm on the OPPO update mailing list, assuming everything posted is accurate of course or it got waived to allow the spec to be released for Austrtalian pre-orders.
Your entire post is about the Oppo. Isn't it obvious for us to think you're only talking about the Oppo?

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Alsone said:
I'd imagine, after Christmas there might be a small price drop in the January sales or post pre-order sales. However, UK wise, that appears to be the ball park figure.

I would have thought the mention of the January sales and the fact that Oppo don't sell direct to the public, would have made it obvious I meant retailers. However, my apologies if that wasn't clear enough for you.

jjbomber

Alsone said:
Alsone said:
I'd imagine, after Christmas there might be a small price drop in the January sales or post pre-order sales. However, UK wise, that appears to be the ball park figure.

I would have thought the mention of the January sales and the fact that Oppo don't sell direct to the public, would have made it obvious I meant retailers. However, my apologies if that wasn't clear enough for you.

many thanks. Apology accepted, line drawn, time to move on.

Oppo have announced that Spotify will be available on the Sonica and Sonica Grand speaker. Let us hope that a software update will mean that it also becomes available on their DVD players.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Alsone said:
Alsone said:

Well, Bestbuy sell Oppo BDPs in their "Magnolia" in-store boutiques here in the US. Saw one yesterday.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts