Oppo 105 sound setup question

I' ve just got the Oppo 105eu and having a problem with setting up the sound on it.

It is connected directly by hdmi cable to my TV and by analogue output phono cables to my stereo pre-amp.

As well as watching bluray DVD's I am using it as a SACD player through my stereo system.

My question is do I have to go back into the Audio Setup section every time I want to switch from TV to stereo system?

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
"The STEREO AUDIO OUT terminals automatically down-mix the multi-channel audio source into the stereo signals. However, STEREO AUDIO OUT will NOT be affected by the “Down mix” modes and other speaker settings in the Audio Processing of Setup Menu (described on page 70)."

Is from the manual. I guess that means you can set it up for your home theatre and NOT have to change anything to play SACD via your stereo Happy to be corrected and look forward to your updates as I'm thinking of buying one to use in the same way

I read all that but it's not that simple. I am not playing through a Home Theatre set-up just staight into my TV.

When you play a SACD it outputs sound over HDMI, i.e. to the TV unless you go into the Audio menu each time and switch HDMI sound off.

You then have to go back in and switch it on again if you want to watch a blu-ray disc.

That is unless I am missing something simple somewhere.

I have asked the supplier for some guidance.

visionary said:
"The STEREO AUDIO OUT terminals automatically down-mix the multi-channel audio source into the stereo signals. However, STEREO AUDIO OUT will NOT be affected by the “Down mix” modes and other speaker settings in the Audio Processing of Setup Menu (described on page 70)."

Is from the manual. I guess that means you can set it up for your home theatre and NOT have to change anything to play SACD via your stereo Happy to be corrected and look forward to your updates as I'm thinking of buying one to use in the same way

Hi Visionary,

It turns out that you do need to keep TV switched off when you are listening to a SACD disc as the Oppo will try to output through the HDMI port as well as the phonos if it is not disabled in the menu.

This machine has obviously been designed with home theatre in mind and not one to be used in the manner that I have it hooked-up.

That said to not let me put you off getting one because after first audition it is quite apparent that picture quality is better than my Sony BDP-S790 blu-ray player and sound quality with SACD's is better than my Marantz SA15S1!

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Alears said:
Hi Visionary,

It turns out that you do need to keep TV switched off when you are listening to a SACD disc as the Oppo will try to output through the HDMI port as well as the phonos if it is not disabled in the menu.

This machine has obviously been designed with home theatre in mind and not one to be used in the manner that I have it hooked-up.

That said to not let me put you off getting one because after first audition it is quite apparent that picture quality is better than my Sony BDP-S790 blu-ray player and sound quality with SACD's is better than my Marantz SA15S1!

Thanks for that. I'm looking for a day off when I can go down to Coventry and have a demo with David. Your feedback confirms the urge to do it :)

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Page41 pure audio mode:

you can enjoy higher quality audio by turning off the video processing and output. pure audio reduces any potential interferance between video and audio signals.

if for sacd playback you have selected multichannel i cant see there being a problem :?

also look at setting hdmi audio to auto.

GSB said:
Page41 pure audio mode:

you can enjoy higher quality audio by turning off the video processing and output. pure audio reduces any potential interferance between video and audio signals.

if for sacd playback you have selected multichannel i cant see there being a problem :?

also look at setting hdmi audio to auto.

Not sure why I would select multichannel for SACD when it is playing back thru analogue outputs to a two channel stereo pre-amp.

The HDMI is set to AUTO

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
In settings,under playback setup sacd priority select stereo(under multichannel)

This should tell the player you want sacd playback via the analogues.

By the way,i'm only trying to help :rofl:

You could always drop oppo an email,or a phone call....the custer service from tech guys is first class and quick!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts