toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Was out getting the Christmas tree this morning and apparently the sound was going funny on the kitchen telly. So Mrs JD did what anyone would do in this situation, and hit it...
what with a brick?:rofl:

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi John,sorry to read about the mishap.What have you got lying around that will improve the sound,or will it mean a small soundbar/or usb speakers if it has that facility. oops more expense or will you be able to put up with it for the time being.Good luck.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Was out getting the Christmas tree this morning and apparently the sound was going funny on the kitchen telly. So Mrs JD did what anyone would do in this situation, and hit it...

Motion handling is "fluid"

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Well, I don't want to sound smug about a 5.1 system in the kitchen, but ..... okay then, and when I figure out how to change my signature it will be shown that the new improved subwoofer in the 17' x 13' kitchen is the SVS PC12-Plus (recently moved there from the parlour), and the new larger (but not necessarily better) television is now the LG 60PZ950T. But then again, there is no Mrs Son_of_SJ! And I don't have a Christmas tree either!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
toyota man said:
John Duncan said:
what with a brick?:rofl:

Nah, just tapped it lightly with her fingertips......

sheila56.jpg

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Nope, still sounds rubbish. Which is odd, I thought one got used to having no bass.

Get used to it, my Sister has a smallish Samsung in her living room and the sound is like nails down a blackboard.:O

John Duncan

We have a number of things in the hifi drawer, I'm just not sure I can be bothered :)

We have a long narrow kitchen with a door to the hall at the end, on one side of which sits the TV, and on the other the Mac. Tempted to amp up the Mac and have some Neat Iotas wall mounted up in the corners. The TV could then piggyback into that amp, but the wiring could be a little awkward so not sure whether I have the energy (or indeed patience) to explain to everybody how it works.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I've decided that January 2013 is "get some pictures of my systems" month so folk will be able to see my kitchen arrangement. Hoever, my kitchen is not far off square, as opposed to yours being long and thin. And I don't need to explain the wiring to anyone!

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
John Duncan said:
TBH it's not really a big deal, it's just for casual use in the kitchen. Connecting it to an amp and speakers would be more trouble than it's worth I suspect...

Small pair of PC speakers? I have a £40 set of Creative Audio jobs hooked up to the headphone socket of our bedroom TV, and the sound is pretty decent. Far better than TV speakers even when hidden behind the TV, as the boss lady prefers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts