No Analogue Video Needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone out there (like me) think that manufacturers of AV amps should offer some models without the analogue video up-scaling.

I dont need it so why should I pay for a feature that i will never use.

I know that people do want or need it but thats not the point being made here. Some of us will never use it.

It almost redundant in the digital interface age (HDMI, S/PDIF Optical even USB).

I never use VHS & my cable box is HDMI enabled & so is my DVD.

Imagine what a Yamaha DSP-AX863SE would cost without it & how much would yamaha save not putting in the circuits for this.

nads

ask_yer_ma!!:
Does anyone out there (like me) think that manufacturers of AV amps should offer some models without the analogue video up-scaling.

that is why i bought the Onk. 805 over the 875.

But the analogue inputs are good to have.

But your post heading and your content seem to be about two different things.

A

Anonymous

The point I am trying to make is drop all analogue video inputs not Audio inputs.

In other words the only video connections are digital - ie HDMI.

"But your post heading and your content seem to be about two different things" Analogue video and analogue stereo are not the same so its not about two different things.

Keep the stero inputs drop composite & s-video etc.

A

Anonymous

I'd certainly trade analogue video in for better quality deinterlacing and scaling, upscaling and downscaling of HDMI video (both still quite rare), a smaller box and / or better quality audio. Once upon a time Pioneer used to produce a slimline receiver range (VSX 500 maybe?) with SCART sockets. I'd love to see someone produce a similar device with HDMI connections instead.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
ask_yer_ma!!: Imagine what a Yamaha DSP-AX863SE would cost without it & how much would yamaha save not putting in the circuits for this.

Not a great deal of difference I expect, components are pretty cheap.

m.j

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
im sure it would be cheaper, but then we would be in pc territory where you bulid it to your spec and that would be bad !

A

Anonymous

m.j:im sure it would be cheaper, but then we would be in pc territory where you bulid it to your spec and that would be bad !

Actually I think I'd really like that. Imagine being able to buy a chassis and then add or upgrade power amps as you move from 5.1 to 7.1 or bi-amping. Or being able to upgrade to HD audio decoding by swapping out a board. Or having the option of binning analogue video inputs and maybe adding more HDMI inputs instead. Or swapping your Faroudja video processor for a DVDO or HQV one.

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts