new wooden av stand needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, i've pretty much decided to ditch my glass alphason stand as its a dust magnet can anyone recommend a good shop / maker of wooden av racks please

A

Anonymous

Once again thankyou for your imput once i have my new toys it looks like i'll be buying a made to measure av stand great stuff : )

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
If hifiracks' estimate is a bit rich (audiophile premium?), you could try out this company here.
I can't vouch for the quality of their workmanship, but I am going to check them out personally in the near future. I am also in need to a wooden AV stand and can't get quite what I want of the shelf.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
emotion-21.gif
on that one, PJ Pro - Surrey Furniture made us a very good bookcase to fit an alcove a year or so back, and Mrs E is still muttering about letting them loose on our kitchen.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
It's good to have a recommendation. Thanks!
Mrs Pro didn't like the look of Atacama.....and I need to get something quickly. I've currently got my newly purchased Kuro, Onk 606, PS3, Hummy and Muso's balanced on top of my old Tosh CRT stand, with small children dancing around it all......it's a nightmare!!

A

Anonymous

How about a bit of designer style...
http://www.ercol.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EOS&Product_Code=2247&Category_Code=ASS

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Here is my unit which was made to measure by Bradley at hifiracks. It's solid walnut but if that's not your bag, you can choose another wood and they are very reasonable in my opinion. http://www.flickr.com/photos/23064703@N05/2451701342/

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies i'll get surrey and hifi racks to give me a quote when i'm ready, i must admit gerrardasnails thats very nice do you mind me asking what you paid out? I can't ask for quotes as yet as i haven't quite made my mind up on the players and the tv size i want, i've e mailed JL to find out if and when they will be stocking the panasonic th-46pz85b then depending on their answer i can start splashing the cash ! lol

John Duncan

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
emotion-21.gif
on that one, PJ Pro - Surrey Furniture made us a very good bookcase to fit an alcove a year or so back, and Mrs E is still muttering about letting them loose on our kitchen.

[/quote]

Where are they based, Kirstie?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Where are they based, Kirstie?[/quote]

Byfleet, near Brooklands, not surprisingly in Surrey. Address here.

And I've told you before about calling me Kirstie in public...

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]I think it was £430ish[/quote]
Hhhhmmmm. I rec'd a quote from hifiracks for £750 for something less flash than yours! This was for their recommend AV rack design.........think atacama europa reference 8 made out of oak.
Perhaps I should get back to them and check the size of the thing. Maybe it's massive and hence the price.
Have to say the high quote put me off and made me feel that there was an audiophile premium being applied!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts