New system Help Budget/Mid level

Herbs

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, decided upgrade my relative old technics su-8011 amp and Pioneer s-785D speakers... stuff i got for free.

I really need some help Ive read alot of reviews and there are so many options its crazy.

I mainly listen to Vinyl on a Technics 1200mk2 , MP3's and FLAC (lossless mp3's) Through a PC and a samsung S2 phone

I Do have a vestax PMC-05III DJ mixer but I dont really use it for scratching and mixing, it might save me on a phono box? not sure.

Im pretty much strictly hiphop from the golden era with alot of James Brown/Jazzy type sample based music.

I dont want to blow the roof off the house with volume most listening will be at mid levels in a medium sized room.

I was thinking something like the Marantz PM6005 or PM6004 or the NAD D 3020 as an amp.... thats about my budget range and some speakers to suit. Ive never had anything real decent so anything is going to be a fair upgrade.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. Im also in Australia

Thanks.

Update: Im Leaning Towards one of the Marantz amps PM6005 or PM6004 and some B&W 685s2 or 686s2

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
both amps are realy good,the nad being more expensive and has better options for digital connection,but has no phono stage,its an extra buy,the marantz has a phono stage built in,but your limited to a optical input,fine if your laptop has optical out,otherwise you need a usb-optical converter,vfm is probably the marantz,best thing to do is try and demo both with a range of good budget speakers and choose the one sounds best to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts