New Speaker Package + Onkyo SR606

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm a newbie to the homecinema scene and intend to install a 5.1 surround setup with mounted speakers connected via a Onkyo 606. I was considering the Q-Acoustic 1010i ( after reading good reviews) but suddenly realised just how big they are. Has anyone mounted a set of these or are they considered too big ??? What are the best alternatives ??? Budget is around the £500 mark. Can anyone offer advice please.

A

Anonymous

I would try the quad L-ite package which you can now buy for less than £500.I have this speaker package with the 605 and added a pair of L-ite speakers to make a 7.1 system.None of my neighbours speak to me now!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. Never considered my neighbours. Fact I live in a terrace as well. Never mind I'll just have to ask them round when I'm watching a movie. Do you have them mounted or are they floor standers ??? What speaker cable have you used or would recommend ???. Cheers !!

A

Anonymous

The current KEF 2005 mk 2 series is now at £399 reduced from £599 as there's a new mk3 version due out any day now. They are small in design although it looks like only the silver ones are available.

A

Anonymous

The front speakers are stand mounted and the surrounds are fixed to the walls with Mission wall brackets. I have used QED Silver anniversary XT bi-wire on the front and centre speakers and QED Micro cable on all the surround speakers,The sub is connected by QED Performance subwoofer cable. My PS3 is connected via Chord silver plus hdmi to the Onkyo and again from the Onkyo to the LCDTV.SKY HD arrives this SATURDAY!!

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
I agree with gezamar1 for £500 you could get a set of Quad L-ite (£495) the only problem with this system is the Quad's are getting hard to find in any colour but Rosewood, Try for a bigger discount on Rosewood they look really good if they will go with your living room. I have this system in Silver and am very happy with it. I looked at KEF 3005, KEF 5005.2, Monitor Audio Radius, but got the Quad's as they were as good as the last 2 for AV and better for music did not like the 3005 and at £500 are just silly, they are about to be updated, the only real difference is the gold plated terminals and will go back up to £1000............

Gezanmar1 was there a n improvement going 7.1

Gary

A

Anonymous

To be honest Gary I don't know yet as I haven't found any blu-ray discs with a 7.1 audio yet,or should I say not one that I would want to watch!I bought the extra speakers in anticipation of more and better discs with this audio format.If it improves the 5.1 then look out neighbours!

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="gezanmar1"]If it improves the 5.1 then look out neighbours![/quote]

If it dose impove 5.1 (ie matrix up to 7.1) will you let me know thanks Gary

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. Gezamar1, pardon my ignorance again but why the different types of cable? Gary the rosewood would be great as I have a hardwood floor and brown leather three seaters, so all would match. Where can you get them for £500.

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Got mine from superfi and the web site say's there still available in rosewood, the reason for the different cable is you don't need really good (costly) cable for the rears so save the money and buy good but cheap cable...........try and visit superfi and get a demo also look at the Q ACOUSTICS 1010 if you want to save some money, I've not heard them but seen good reports and at £299 get them demo'd.

A

Anonymous

Gary I watched 3.10 to Yuma in 7.1 surround,PHEW! AWESOME!

A

Anonymous

SUTHS,as Gary says, you don't need such a high quality cable for your surround speakers.I bought my speakers from Frank Harvey Hi-FI in Coventry for £495 but they are getting hard to find!Give them a ring,they may be able to help you.02476 525200.If you can get them you won't be sorry.

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
gezanmar1 Thanks, thinking of the Quad 11L for the front £250 but not shure how they will intergrate.................

Suths weymouthhifi are doing Rosewood for £465 and silver for £595 but be quick.................................

http://www.weymouthhifi.co.uk/website/quad/quad%20lite.htm

A

Anonymous

Glad I asked about this topic. Thanks for all the info guys. Time to bash that credit card.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts