Calling BigBoss and others re new HT and network

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
From personal experiences with Samsung TVs - we have a 6 series a 7 series and an 8 series - they just keep getting better.

Quite agree but i wish they made a monitor without sound or smart features at a lower cost.

AlmaataKZ said:
BB, sounds good. I'll probably go with it on your recommendation.

John Lewis site only mentions freesat HD, not freeview HD, but I hope it is just an omission, it does have freeview HD, right?

Does it have a separate connection box or not?

Yes, it does Free view HD, that's what I'm using. No, it doesn't have a separate box.

Andrewjvt said:
bigboss said:
I have the Samsung UE65KU6400. For the money, it's brilliant with excellent screen uniformity and superb upscaling.

Compared your model to the 7 or 8 series?

Not a side by side comparison. I have seen them separately, so cannot comment on the comparison. For the money, it's hard to beat the 6 series Samsung. I only wanted a mid range TV anyway, as it's for my second room (not my main TV).

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Yes, it does Free view HD, that's what I'm using. No, it doesn't have a separate box.

thank you, BB. I also went to see it in a shop and it was fine.

Inspected all the installed cabling today and all looks good. Hope to do the final set up just before Christmas, after all the built in shelf units, speakers and tv are installed.

I decided to switch to the CP version of the speakers.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Spent abt 8 hours yesterday doing the final installation, set up and user training. Everything worked fine, the design of the system proved correct, the builders intalled everything correctly and the owner is now enjoying multiroom audio, surround sound AV and the new home in general.

thank you to all for all the help again! *drinks* *biggrin* *good*

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Nice one chaps, good advice, great result - first class example of what these forums should be about.

Now shall we start something on cables or room acoustics? (God forbid).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts